Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Savage rifles

Old 02-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-10-2007, 09:30 AM

Default RE: Savage rifles

Stainless Synthetic is the way to go if you want a truly rugged rifle. In my humble opinion, I think it's stupid to fight over the cosmetics of a rifle, geesh. Honestly, I like the design of the Savages. What's to say they will fall apart any faster then my Ruger I really don't know. All I know is you can get both for about the same price and have a truly rugged rifle that can get the job done. The people who spend 1k or more for a rifle are fanatics, do a lot of hunting with different species all over the place, or just have the money to throw around. Comparing rifles to trucks is not apples to oranges but instead, lets use a Ford Fusion as apposed to a Mercedes. Those who purchase a Mercedes obviously have a lot of money to throw around and what does that tell the guy who's driving a Ford Fusion (although it might handle better). Yeah, it tells him that he doesn't have as much money and prestige. So if two hunters go out on a hunting trip together, one with a Sako and the other with a Savage 110 are they in different social class? Maybe outside of hunting but not out in the woods.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: M77man

Stainless Synthetic is the way to go if you want a truly rugged rifle.
LOL.. that's my primaryhunting rifle of choice, Ruger M77 mkII in .30-06.

And yes, it' silly, but hey my wife just went shopping with her girlfriends and I have to take it out on someone.

My bringing up social class was merely to point out that not everyone is a Doctor or Lawyer or even well paid and single. I agree about out in the woods they should be the same, or even at the range, but it rarely happens that way.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:57 PM

Well said, TxStorm!!!

I won't spend high dollars anymore just to say or show" lookie what I got"!
I don't want to be the envy of anyone, just shoot well and if it gets dinged or scratched, that adds character, not remorse.
And for the record, I too, like " Rode hard and put away wet".....
Old 02-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

I bought my wife a model 11 in 7mm-08. Shoots great and uglier than hell. With the accuracy and price that a savage has I can over look the ugly. Kinda like a rich ugly girl that wants to spend all her money on you. The nut is just a lock nut. It allows them to set the headspace very precise and keep manufacturing costs down. If not for that they would probably cost more and not shoot as good. If looks matter that much, check out the CZ550. Mine cost less than 100 more than the savage, looks a lot better and shoots slightly better with handloads.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I want one of those Dodge Ram V8s that gets 24mpg highway and 18 in town!!!!!

I've never heard of a Dodge that got better than 13mpg!

As for the rifle debate. Buy what you want, who cares what anyone else thinks. I don't buy Savages because I like a nice tight feel, and not a sloppy $2 hooker feel
Old 02-12-2007, 09:37 PM

on the contrary..i love savages AND CHEAP HOOKERS
Old 02-12-2007, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: will79

I bought my wife a model 11 in 7mm-08. Shoots great and uglier than hell. With the accuracy and price that a savage has I can over look the ugly. Kinda like a rich ugly girl that wants to spend all her money on you. The nut is just a lock nut. It allows them to set the headspace very precise and keep manufacturing costs down. If not for that they would probably cost more and not shoot as good. If looks matter that much, check out the CZ550. Mine cost less than 100 more than the savage, looks a lot better and shoots slightly better with handloads.
Which is ugly, your wife or the Savage? HA HA, sorry I could not resist! Yeah, but you probably figured your wife holding it made it look good! [8D]