Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

TC Encore Pro Hunter - Advice

Old 02-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default TC Encore Pro Hunter - Advice

I am thinking about buying this gun mainly to be used as a .50 cal blackpowder. Do the interchangable barels work well? Does it make sence to spent 300$ on a barrell for high powered hunting when it only is a single shot?

I'm mainly just asking if anyone uses it really likes or dislikes it as a deer or varmit gun. Would you reccommend this system?

If not there are cheaper muzzeloaders to buy.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TC Encore Pro Hunter - Advice

This is probalby the best front loader you can get - good value - no I think the TC guys are charging too much and maybe will change now. They are not really selling that well because of the cost for the base gun and the barrels. I have shot one and hey are real nice - they keep accuracy - I was shooting both powerbelt, sabots and maxiballs and the gun was spot on and out to 200 yards. Easy top clean - breech is fast out and like any good inline is fast to breakdown. Side hammer was a neat innovation - doesnot do much for mebut my 2nd boy liked it.

I am waiting for the cost to drop - I have CVA, Knight, and Side Hammer TC's now and I cannot see spending more than 450$ for the gun. Maybe Smiths will make a contender.500 while they are taking some ofthe premuim of of the PHer.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks

Old 02-06-2007, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you only want a muzzleloader,There are many chioces that will perform just as well,for a lot cheaper. The encore's main selling point is interchangeable calibers/barrels.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you shop you should be able to find a SS Encore for between $500 and $550. I can not justify the price difference for the Pro Hunter. TC is trying to recoup some of their advertising costs. I bought a new Laminate Left Hand Thumbhole last fall for $485. It was priced to me as high as$725. I spent the better part of the day on line to find that price. I called back a couple of days later to order another one, they(Acusport) had sold out, and my dealer could not get me another one. Tom.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

It doesn't matterit's only a single shot. One shot is all you need.

I have the Encore 50 cal BP and I can't shoot it enough, love it. Purchased a 12 ga turkey barrel and 7mm Rem Mag.

If your strictly looking for a BP gun take a look at the new Triumph by TC. Looks pretty slick. http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/triumph.php
Old 02-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Look at the CVA optima proelite also.

Same type of system as the encore with the interchangeable barrels andallbut a whole bunch of money less.

http://www.cva.com/products/rifle_optelite_center_combos.htm
Old 02-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tourangeaud

It doesn't matterit's only a single shot. One shot is all you need.

I have the Encore 50 cal BP and I can't shoot it enough, love it. Purchased a 12 ga turkey barrel and 7mm Rem Mag.

If your strictly looking for a BP gun take a look at the new Triumph by TC. Looks pretty slick. http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/triumph.php
Do you have a scope mounted on the 7 mm and leave it on the barrell all the time?
Old 02-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

If its just a muzzle loader you want I have to suggest the TC Omega this is the most superior muzzle loader I have ever used. It is only surpassed by the Encore. I have mine sighted in at 1 in high at 100 yards at 50 it is still 1 in high at 25 dead bull. I use 250 gr. TC shockwaves and 120 gr. 777 powder. I used mine for the first time this hunting season, I shot at 3 deer and took home 3 deer. thats my 2 cents
Old 02-07-2007, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

I have different scopes on all3 barrels. A 4 power Nikon on the shotgun, 3x9x40 BDC Omega Nikon on the 50 cal BP and a 3x9x40 Nikon BDC Buckmaster. Once you zero them in, you don't want to take scopes off the barrel unless it is really needed. You can remove the barrel and scope, as one piece, to replace with anotherscope and barrel, and not be worried about being zeroed in.