Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what make should i go with

Old 02-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what make should i go with

ORIGINAL: Rammer

ORIGINAL: Duckbutter48

ORIGINAL: Rammer

I guarantee the Tikka will outshoot any $1200 gun out there thats on the free market.

I have a standard Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 243 that will shoot .5 MOA all day long with whatever I feed it with a Leupold VXII 4-12-x40 on it.

You Guarantee its better? 1/2 group with "any" ammo.

Put the pipe down, whatever you are smoking is ruining your mind.

Im happy for you that you got a gun that shoots good but dont go overboard.
I'm talking home brewed handloads. If you can't understand that, don't reply. Whatever you have I'll put it up against my stock rifles, and we'lll see what happpens. Not 1 of my guns have seen a facotry round in a good 13 years.
I was thinking the same way as Duckbutter. Your original post states "whatever you feed it" and does not mention handloads. I have heard good reviews on Tikka and am sure they are fine guns, but because yours shoots .5 MOA with handloads doesn't really impress me. I have 1986 model Ruger M77RL 270 that will do that with factory ammo, but I do like to see guys that are proficient with and proud of their guns.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer the Ruger rings that come with the Rugers, because they are strong and you can check each screw to see if it is tight without removing the rings...

I prefer the Remington trigger, because I can adjust myself...With the current Rugers it needs replacing...

I prefer the Remigton safety...don't care for the 3 position safety....

In my experiences the Remington will be more accurate than the Ruger...
With less out of the box tuning....

But...I shoot a Ruger...one of the older tang safety models, where you could still adjust the trigger....

Sure wish Ruger would go back to the tang safety and give us a good adjustable trigger like Remington does....

Old 02-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye
Sure wish Ruger would go back to the tang safety and give us a good adjustable trigger like Remington does....
I will second that!!!