Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Is Cabelas slipping?

Old 01-31-2007, 02:52 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Is Cabelas slipping?

ORIGINAL: snedd162

look harder, cabelas has all the cleaning supplies you need
See, I know you a newbie and all. But we, well I, got a rule here. We don't use the word "need", unless you are jamesb. He's allowed too.

Its my money, and unless your paying, I buy what I desire.

Have any questions let us know.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

What sucks about midway is huge shipping costs. Used to be free. Oh remember the good ole days.
What really sucks for me is that both Midway and Graf's are in Missouri, which I'm a resident of....so you know what that means don't ya......You guessed it SALES TAX. Thats why I try very hard to find what I need at Bruno's shooter supply, Sinclair, Brownells, & Cabela's before going to midway or grafs
Old 01-31-2007, 03:33 PM
bigcountry

Oh, that does blow Shato. Hate to hear it.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:39 PM

Cabela's is my #1 all time favorite store. I can find absolutely nothing wrong with them other than some high prices and a few bad employees.

Personally,I would rather shop there, where people know their stuff, than at a place where you know more than the "gun expert".

They have very reasonable prices if you ask me and combined with the expertise and atmosphere, are the best outdoor store. I have never not found what I was looking for there. Sometimes stuff is out of stock, but they do their best to get it for you.

That's my two cents.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Last time I went to the store in Dundee, Mich I noticed what seemed to me to be a slip in morale. It wasn't just one employee either and it wasn't at Christmas. Anyone from Cabelas reading all thissssssssssss? You should beeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Old 01-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like all the Hot chicks in hunting apparel that work at Cabelas. That is about the only reason I go to Cabelas anymore. With the price of gas, I can order all my stuff I need online and have it shipped for alot less than I could drive the 115 miles to Cabelas.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Problem is that Cabela's and Bass Pro are not "gun shops", or "bow shops". They can cater to the casual sportsmen. While they often have what we need, they sometimes as often don't. Being corporate, its damn near impossible to get anything special ordered if they company doesn't carry it. Small gun shops can just break out Pape's, Ellett, or Henry and have it to you directly.

Clothes are where the $$$ is in retail. Ever notice the way a bass pro store is set up? In order to get anywhere....you have to go through clothes, socks, t-shirts or something with a high mark up. It ain't just a coincidence.

I know with Bass Pro, and likely too with Cabela's, that their house brand isn't acctually made by BPS or Cabela's; but rather is made by a usually decent company and then has the BPS logo slapped on it, and is sold at a lower price point. Take the BPS/Redhead safes...yep...made by Browning...sell for a couple of hundred $ less. The Redhead bows....up until this past year they were made by Hoyt...now, they are basically Parker Frontiers...selling for $200 less than the name brand.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:34 AM

"I've had a few bad experiences with Cabela's and ordering online. It seems it takes them about 4 days to realize I ordered something from them, then another 2 days to pull it an box it, and then another 2 days to ship it to me."

i fixed this by going online, getting the catalog number and then ordering over the phone.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I have tried to find cleaning supplies for shooting twice in the last year, and cabelas is very weak these days. Bass Pro is a joke. I have had to place my order with midsouth supply or midwayusa or grafs.

Cabelas use to have everything and the kitchen sink. They seem more interested in selling clothes and shoes these days.

I just ordered a gun vise, and wanted the tipton model. They used to stock it, but now have the "cabelas brand". I also ordered a small tipton 12" cleaning rod. They don't stock this anymore. I also ordered some plated jags, can't find em at cabelas anymore. I like pro-shot cleaning patches, again not at cabelas. I just ordered a scope from swfa optics, cabelas can't touch thier price. Whats going on over there? It used to be my one stop shopping center.

Any of you guys find the same?
Yes, but I've never held the opinion that Cabela's was that great! I generally found lower prices, particularly for dies, brass & bullets, at other dealers such as Huntington's and Graf's.....
Old 02-01-2007, 08:33 AM
bigcountry

Its just there are alot of speicalized orders I used to be able to get, but can't now. For instance, I wanted a silver elite 3200. You can't get it a cabelas. I wanted a silver set of warne rings. Not at cabelas. I want a decent pistol cleaning rod. Not at cabelas. I wanted some competition redding bullet seaters. Def. not cabelas.

Many more, just all I can think of right now. I know what I am going to do. I am going to get rid of my cabelas visa. I am going to get a discover card. That way, I can get cash back just like cabelas. But this cash, I can use somewhere else.

Quick Reply: Is Cabelas slipping?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.