Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Is Cabelas slipping?

Old 01-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is Cabelas slipping?

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

I usually use Midway for pretty much everything. But we did just buy a shooting rest from Cabelas and recieved it pretty quick. I think Midway has better people, prices, and service.

Got a link to this Midway?? Thanks

www.midwayusa.com
Old 01-31-2007, 10:05 AM
bigcountry

What sucks about midway is huge shipping costs. Used to be free. Oh remember the good ole days.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

What sucks about midway is huge shipping costs. Used to be free. Oh remember the good ole days.
WHAT??? When did that happen???
Old 01-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is a Cabelas 3 miles from my house. I almost never buy anything there as there is a SPortsmans Warehouse nearby too (5 miles away). Cabela's is way overpriced IMHO, but its fun to window shop there. The really nice thing about Cabrlas thoughis that they stock a lot of ammo in obscure cartridges.

MidwayUSA- my problem is with shipping costs too. I get a Dealer discount from them, but my minimum order, IIRC, is $60. The dealer discount isn't as significant now as it was about 2 years ago either. I like dealing with Midsouth Shooters supply- I can often times by things cheaper there than I can at Midway, even with a dealer discount at midway.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:15 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

WHAT??? When did that happen???
Oh, about 3 or 4 years ago.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Uh, I guess I never noticed, or since my Dad usually puts in the order, just never told me, hell I don't know what I was thinking.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I go to their stores for 90 percent of the stuff I get at Cabelas. I think Cabelas and Scheels and Brass Pro are loading up with cheap junk from China to try to be as bad a Walmart. In that area however, they have a long way to go.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I order most of my stuff from Midsouth. Courteous, knowlegeable people to deal with. They tell you Ups in about 5 days, and I usually have it in 3.
I will have to give Midway a pat on the back. I recently ordered a FAT Wrench from them and was told "out of stock"...probably in Feb. It just arrived on Mon. Surprise, surprise!!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think Cabelas is becoming too "big." Their name is just getting people to buy. People think "CABELAS," and shop there just because. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere, and am forced to order a lot and have stuff shipped to me. Cabelas seems to be about the only place that I can order fishing gear, stuff for my muzzleloader, and clothes at a decent price. I hate going to Walmart (which is 110 miles away anyway), so I just stick with Cabelas for the most part.

Reloading stuff I can get locally, or when I make the 110 mile trip north, but I still steer clear of Walmart if possible.

Later,

Marcial
Old 01-31-2007, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

look harder, cabelas has all the cleaning supplies you need

Quick Reply: Is Cabelas slipping?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.