Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WHAT EVERYONE ASKES...SO IM ASKING TO

Old 01-27-2007, 02:17 PM

Default WHAT EVERYONE ASKES...SO IM ASKING TO

It has been over a week of constant research......i cant diside i know all that there is to know about the savage 116FXP3 but i know little about the Remington 700 SPRG W/r3, other then the fact that it is suposibly the best gun ever........I find it strange that everyone has the same question remington vs savage and its rather anoying that everyone says OMG remigton or OMG savage....so0o0 what is there to know about the Remington 700 SPRG W/r3
Old 01-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WHAT EVERYONE ASKES...SO IM ASKING TO

I feel that the Remington 700 action is about the best there is. With a little work a Remington can perform like a custom rifle. IMO
Old 01-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you say Ford vs. Chevy-or did you say Savage vs. Remington. Oh Ya, Savage vs. Remington. Here is the bottom line. Savage is popular for two basic reasons. The Savage is less expensive than the Remington, and out of the box most Savage's are more accurate than most Remington's. I did not say all, I just said most. Remington wins in the fit and finish area. I have shot, and have been around thousands of these rifles for over 30 years. This is the basic truth. Tom.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

Did you say Ford vs. Chevy-or did you say Savage vs. Remington. Oh Ya, Savage vs. Remington. Here is the bottom line. Savage is popular for two basic reasons. The Savage is less expensive than the Remington, and out of the box most Savage's are more accurate than most Remington's. I did not say all, I just said most. Remington wins in the fit and finish area. I have shot, and have been around thousands of these rifles for over 30 years. This is the basic truth. Tom.
cheers
Old 01-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would not hesitate to buy an old Remington but I have heard current Remingtons have quality problems. I found that to be true with what i bought.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:29 PM

I cant answer with any truth about the Remington, But the Savage is an awsome rifle for the money. I own three of them and all will do much better than moa. They may not win in the fit and finish department, but when I squeeze the trigger, I know what to expect. What do you buy a rifle for, looks or performance?
Old 01-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only way you'll know which is better for you is by shouldering them and working them. Guns are personal, so it's not really whatI or the next guy likes but what you like that matters most. Fit and feelare extremely important factors to purchasing a rifle this can't be answered on a forum or via the internet..sorry! Hands on time will help in your quest emmensely.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:43 AM

buy a gun for performance thats why you buy a remingtom model 700 sendero or the 700 cdlbdl or adl they are verry good rifles and i dont like savage
Old 01-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

I agree 100% with HEAD0001, savage has come up in the world of rifles. But do lack that class remington has with building a good looking rifle. I like remingtons sendero that is a shootin SOB for right out of the box. I have to admit when I think of savage rifles I think of the ole lever guns that just didn't cut the mustard.