Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

mossberg or remington pump shotgun?

Old 01-26-2007, 06:46 AM

Default RE: mossberg or remington pump shotgun?

Handle both, and shoot if you can and then pick which one you like better. I have an 870 supermag and like it very much.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

i think if you actually handle both guns and even shoot them, you will go with the remington. honestly, i believe the 870 is a better gun but go with what you like.

i have just had too many problems with all mossberg pumps i have either shot or owned to care for them.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve never owned an 870 but I’ve shot a few and they seemed nice and tight. One of my friends did have one that the recoil pad kept falling off of, not real sure why since it wasn’t my gun. I did own a 500 and I sold it. It was as loud as a maraca. Pick one up and rattle it, you’ll see. Also, when I bought the 500 and got it home it would only load shells like every other time. One of the rails that activates the magazine tube release looked like it had been hit, right on the tip, so the carrier sometimes wouldn’t have a shell when it was supposed to. It is supposed to be sharp and mine was flattened out. The replacement never gave me any trouble, and I would call it reliable, but like I said, it was loud and I didn’t like it for hunting. I do like the safety better on the 500. It is on top instead of the trigger guard. Remington safeties don’t make me feel so great when I’ve got cold weather gloves on. My 11-87 is a great gun, but I’m not really enthusiastic about the safety.

Try to hold and shoot both, and here’s a good tip. Pick up the shotgun and point it toward the ground with your arms hanging, look at a target (like a wall mounted deer head), close your eyes and aim the gun at the target, or where you think the target is. How close are you when you open your eyes? You may be amazed at how much closer one gun is than the other. The one that is closest fits you better, and is most likely the one to buy.

Good luck,
KP
Old 01-26-2007, 12:27 PM

remington 870 hands down, as far as im concerned the mossburg 500 is a throw away gun. cheap is the word. cheaply made and cheap quality, sure thay will shoot for a long time if your lucky. iv had a 870 for years shoot deer turkey ducks rabbits just about everything there is to do in iowa. and never had a problem. the 870 is where its at.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR ANSWER. YOU WILL GENERALLY HAVE A SPLIT BETWEEN THE REMS AND THE MOSSBERG. i DONT LIKE THE 870, BUT I DO LOVE MY REMINGTON 1100. i HAVE A 500 AND LOVE IT, BUT i WISH I HAD GOTTEN THE MOSSBERG 835. SHOOT THEM BOTH AND SEE WHAT YOU LIKE

GOOD LUCK
Old 01-26-2007, 04:37 PM

Ive shot both.. The mossturd kicked the snot out of me! very noticeable difference in recoil between the 2 for me!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man this is the old Chevy/Ford arguement.

Neither one is a lemon by any stretch.

Blonde or brunette?

Breasts or butts?
Old 01-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

I second uncle matt's post.

But the answers are:
Ford
Blondes
Butts

Old 01-27-2007, 08:08 AM

buy a benellia nova ....same price better gun
Old 01-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

in my opinion the rem 870 is better. im not saying that the mossberg is not a good gun i have 1 and my father has 1 he has over 20 deer on the gun. the mossberg is like th ak of shotguns; the mossberg is very slopy and is noisy and that and good in the whitetail woods. I also have an 870 and it iseasy to handle and extremely accurate. the only problem is the ejection can sometimes not work properly but it is no big deal.

Quick Reply: mossberg or remington pump shotgun?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.