Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Is it possible to shorten a revolver barrel?

Old 01-25-2007, 01:50 PM

Default RE: Is it possible to shorten a revolver barrel?

Send me a case of busch light and the pistol and I'll shorten the barrel and reattach the sight! I hope the pistol is silver so the ducttape will match it better, I wouldn't want to have to get a new roll.

Disclaimer: Allowing shepdogwv to work on your "nice" things with any apparatus that includes the word saw, torch, welder, or drill is not advisable. Especially if payment is recieved before item to be worked on.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: shepdogwv

Send me a case of busch light and the pistol and I'll shorten the barrel and reattach the sight! I hope the pistol is silver so the ducttape will match it better, I wouldn't want to have to get a new roll.
Busch light?! [:-] My god man at least go for Bud Light if you must have light beer?!
Old 01-25-2007, 03:44 PM

sorry, i'm just an apprentice, I don't make the big beer yet!!!!!! haha I'm in law school where they don't let you work the first year so Busch lite is perfectly acceptable. That being said, I do prefer the ol Buddiesel!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:23 PM

I had my share of busch lite during undergraduate school as well, so can relate with that phase.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: lovethebigguns

I have a Stainless Ruger SBE 44 mag
Do you mean a SBH?

J
Old 01-27-2007, 02:49 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnshiredman

ORIGINAL: lovethebigguns

I have a Stainless Ruger SBE 44 mag
Do you mean a SBH?

J
That's funny right there!
I've been foolin around trying to by a Benelli Super Black Eagle and I guess I mixed the two!

Old 01-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

Pardon me, this might seem like a dumb question........why not trade it for one same model with a shorter barrel?
Only dumb question is the one not asked.

Here are someanswers:

1. If you trade it in or buy another used revolver with a barrel of the desired length, you cannot be 100% sure of what
you are getting. I have to assume he has had this gun for some time and knows how it performs and operates and is
fully satisfied with it (other than barrel length).

2. If they are selling used for, let's say $400. Then the shop would expect $400 for their gun. But they would probobly
only give you $300 for your gun because they are in business to make money. It is not going to be an even exchange.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

You have 2 great points there Matt!

Your second point was my exact mind set!

I would probably have to pay a hundred or so to trade for an identical gun with a shorter barrel, and I don't like the sound of that!
Old 01-27-2007, 04:44 PM

[/quote]

That's funny right there!
I've been foolin around trying to by a Benelli Super Black Eagle and I guess I mixed the two!

[/quote]

I thought that's probably where SBE came into play. I am checking out used SBE's in the local shops.

J
Old 01-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

Pardon me, this might seem like a dumb question........why not trade it for one same model with a shorter barrel?
Only dumb question is the one not asked.

Here are someanswers:

1. If you trade it in or buy another used revolver with a barrel of the desired length, you cannot be 100% sure of what
you are getting. I have to assume he has had this gun for some time and knows how it performs and operates and is
fully satisfied with it (other than barrel length).

2. If they are selling used for, let's say $400. Then the shop would expect $400 for their gun. But they would probobly
only give you $300 for your gun because they are in business to make money. It is not going to be an even exchange.
That is true but it's going to cost him either way. If he could find the same gun with a shorter barreland get the oppourtunity to shoot it to see how it performs that may be the way to go. Trades can be tricky $$ wise. I've either bought or sold. I've yet to trade a gun. IMHO guns of the same model with longer barrels are generally more expensive than the shorter versions. I hope he finds a competent gun smith that will do a good job for him if that is the route he takes.