Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WHAT IS THE BEST SAVAGE???

Old 01-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-26-2007, 01:19 PM

Default RE: WHAT IS THE BEST SAVAGE???

I already asked by friend Danny about the article and he said he read it in either Guns and Ammo or Precision Shooting.What was so funny about this guys findings was the more expensive the rifle ,the less accurate they were. The cheaper inexpensive savages beat outeveryone. I'm still looking and buy no means am I a Savage owner. I don't own one. I have a Model 700 Remeington MountainRifle and a brand new Model 70 Winchester Classic Super Grade III.I'm not making this up.

My next rifle will be a Savage just for their barrel and i would love to put a H.S. Percision stock on it. Gotta love the accutrigger on these guns. Too bad the other companies wouldn't do this.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-26-2007, 01:48 PM

Actually you are wrong, I just read today an Article in Sniper's Paradise webpage that the Savage12BVSS Varmit Rifle (Short Action) uses a "cut-rifling" barrel. Read it!

I beieve they are the only company that usually uses the "Button Rifling" process where the grooves are literally pressed or ironed into the steel bore on the majority of their rifles.

I already can tell what kind of guy you are, Thanks!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-26-2007, 02:03 PM

The word was "usually". Where does your hate of Savage come from? They might not look the best but they sure can shoot your eye out!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, Snipers Paradise made that one up. Savage barrels are button-rifled, even the Precision Varminter is, and that is supposedly there "tack-driver". I don't see why people argue over this so much, Savages are just your average base model gun, some shoot great, most shoot average, same with every other lower model rifles. Savages are not any better then anything else on the market, and the accutrigger sucks, any other trigger with a little adjustments are way better.

Buy what you want, but you won't find a Savage in my safe.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

Yep, Snipers Paradise made that one up. Savage barrels are button-rifled, even the Precision Varminter is, and that is supposedly there "tack-driver". I don't see why people argue over this so much, Savages are just your average base model gun, some shoot great, most shoot average, same with every other lower model rifles. Savages are not any better then anything else on the market, and the accutrigger sucks, any other trigger with a little adjustments are way better.

Buy what you want, but you won't find a Savage in my safe.
Hey, you said you like Winchester, so I'm not gonna argue.

Quick Reply: WHAT IS THE BEST SAVAGE???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.