Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

270 WSM?

Old 12-01-2002, 06:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default 270 WSM?

I am looking for a little user info on the 270 WSM. I have looked at two of them. One is the Browning A-bolt and the other the Model 70 Coyote. The latter has a heavy barrel which may help reduce recoil. Does anyone know how the recoil is on these guns? I have a bad shoulder and have lost most of the meat and muscle on that shoulder. I can,t switch shoulders though because I lost the right eye many years ago. I had no trouble shooting my 260 Remington but the 300 Win Mag is no longer an option. I also shot my brothers 30-06 Browning Auto and that was not to bad either. I like the ballistics of the 270 short mag. Any info would be helpful. Thanks a lot.

Old 12-02-2002, 04:22 AM

Default RE: 270 WSM?

James B

James go to www.shortmags.org as they have recoil tables & alot of other info on short mags there.

Good Luck

Tumbo
Old 12-02-2002, 04:26 AM

Tumbo...

good website thanxs for sharing with us.
when this thread was running before someone said it kicks close to a 30-06sprg with a little more ummmfp.

Old 12-02-2002, 05:04 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-02-2002, 09:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the info. I just read an artical by Bodington on these rifles. He also states that the 270 wsm has a recoil about like the 30-06. I can,t decide if the gain of about 200 fps would be worth the extra cost and availibility of ammo compared to the 270 Win. My thought I quess is that if it will be pretty much used in my case for mule deer and Maybe an elk or two, I may be as well served with a standard 270. Especially if I can find one with a 24 or 26 inch barrel. Most 270 loading data is developed with a 24 or 26 inch barrel. In the real world most factory 270's have only 22 inch barrels. In some cases that alone would make up the 200 fps. More food for thought I quess.