Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

cheapest ar15

Old 01-17-2007, 07:43 PM

Default RE: cheapest ar15

May i put in my 2cents. I went cheap on my first 2 AR-15s (Olympics Arms and DPMS) they cost me $700 and $780. I hated them both. I then went to Armalite (higher priced) $900, REALLY hated this one, just personally thought it was crap. After saling all 3 of those I went to Rock River Arms. Now im not a salesman and not being paid by anyone for RRA, but the rifle is awesome. You can get a Entry Tactical for around $900-950 with qaudRail and colapse stock. My friend has a Bushmaster and it is also a real nice AR. I would have to suggest spending a little more and get something you will be happy with. The bushies you can pick up for around $750-$900 depending on options. My local gun shop has some for around $700 with the regular foregrip and collaspable stocks.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bushmaster!
Old 01-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Bushmaster!
I second that
Old 01-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, or Bushmaster. I forgot about that one
Old 01-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Bushmaster!
[/blockquote]

I second that
I third that.
I bought a Bushmaster A3 H-BAR last year and am still trying to find things wrong with it- nothing so far, maybe I'm still feeling a bit of buyer's regret. I wish I would have spend a few hundred more for a DCM rifle, my only complaint is that the HBAR is neither fish nor foul- its not the perfect setup for high power shooting, and the barrel is pretty much too heavy for anything else. Make sure you are buying exactly what you want/need before plunking down the cash or you might end up with a perfectly good rifle that you don't have a lot of use for.[]
Old 01-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: cataway

seams most scopes cant hold up to the kind of recoil an AR produces .
WHAT????

My Colt AR15 HBar barely kicks at all. Barely more than a .22. Scopes are designed to withstand WAY more kick than that. My problem has been that I went cheap on the mount that bolts into the carrying handle, and it gets loose pretty quickly. But, no problem at all with the scope.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

neither do B B guns but put on a scope not made for one and it wont last long. you really need a scope thats made for an AR,that will stand up to the kind of recoil it produces.
TC offers one ,true its far from being a top of the line scope but it will stay put.
Springfield Armory 4-14 X 40 tactical, holds up really well , but then its made for that kind of gun .
i tried Leupold's & Nikon's and it wasn't long and it hitting any were but were i wanted it to.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

you really need a scope thats made for an AR,that will stand up to the kind of recoil it produces.
Bwahahahaha!
Old 01-18-2007, 09:09 PM

how about, what is the cheapeast reliable ar15 to get.. i have a gun smith who will put it together for nothing and will get me an upper and lower as cheap as he can if i can find one.. any ideas?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Usually, cheap AND reliable don't go together.

Quick Reply: cheapest ar15

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.