Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Kimber vs. Sako 85

Old 01-07-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Kimber vs. Sako 85

What would you prefer? I know the kimber has gotten a lot of popularity here. but these two fine guns are almost exactly the same price. Im thinking about gettting one in either a .308 or .300 wsm or whatever .300 they offer.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kimber vs. Sako 85

Both are fine rifles. Buy American!!! Tom.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:58 PM

I have never owned a Sako 85or a Kimber. Having said that, Sako has gone to the crap basket since Beretta took over. Head says buy American and I'm going with that on gut instinct alone. Good luck and regards, Rick.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kimber classic or montana.. 308, 300 wm etc..

Good Gun.. I mean both are good guns but I do like the kimber.. Go hold them and see which one rubs ya the right way..
Old 01-07-2007, 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: 48thguns

I have never owned a Sako 85or a Kimber. Having said that, Sako has gone to the crap basket since Beretta took over. Head says buy American and I'm going with that on gut instinct alone. Good luck and regards, Rick.
Please inform how Sako has gone in the crap basket? Based on the feedback I get from other boards full of Kimber users about 1 in 4 has to send the rifle back to get it repaired. Granted they usually get it fixed but wouldn't you expect it to work/shoot correctly out of box for that money. At the same time you rarley see a post or comment *if ever* about my Sako won't shoot tight groups or my Sako has problems. There are a fare share thats shoot each, and I do not have either but based on the posts and comments I don't see any proof that Sako has gone to the crap basket.

Please give reason why??

I'm all for buying American, but at somepoint american companies (for example car companies) have to wake up and smell the coffee and realize they are going to keep getting there butts kicked by the rest of the world (car - Japan) until they make a product that compeats and is reliable. I know that might start a flaming session, but I believe the car example is point in case.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: srhull

Based on the feedback I get from other boards full of Kimber users about 1 in 4 has to send the rifle back to get it repaired.
This is interesting...
Old 01-07-2007, 09:42 PM

yeah, ive never heard anything negative about sako. i've actually been leaning toward sako, because i have a tikka at the moment and am shocked at how awsome it performs, and if this is only the baby brother of sako, how the sako must perform.

And although I am all for america, I for somereason gravititate towards the foreign guns too. looking at autoloading shotguns, i ended up going with the franchi. (italian) All the Remington/browning/winchester new autoloaders are all more expensive, but with worse reviews. My franchi has performed flawlessly.

Same with the tikka, Said to be the best value gun out there, guaranteeing the 1 inch at 100 or beyond out of the box, yet is a hundred or 2 cheaper than the rugers, a bolts, etc.

from my persepective, the foreign guns do have a quality about them that a lot of american guns seem to be lacking.

but again, this is not a foreign vs. domestic debate, but rather sako 85 vs. kimber.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:10 PM

actually, now that i look closer, the sako is about $200 more.

Actually im probably looking to get a .300 ,, forget about the .308
Old 01-08-2007, 07:06 AM

I do feel there are good american gun manufactures don't get me wrong,. Even Kimber. I just don't think we should through the "buy america" card out on everything.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:57 PM

http://www.shootingtimes.com/longgun...06/index1.html

This shows a review of the kimber in the .270, but shows it only shooting from 1-1.25 inches. Which is actually really goood, but if the sako guarantees under an inch, I think the sako is what im going to aim for.

Any other guns in this price range that i should be looking at?

Quick Reply: Kimber vs. Sako 85

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.