Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Am I just being to picky?

Old 12-31-2006, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default Am I just being to picky?

I recently (today) decided to get an inline muzzle loader since I got tired of not being able to hunt in light drizzle with my TC percussionHawken so i got me a Remmington genesis which I liked the feel and features for the money (269.00) Its not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. Well I getit home and install the Nikon scope and noticesome type of pitting on the reciever. It kind of looks like bad casting. Aghain it wasn't a 500 dollar gun but would you take it back or am I just expectining to much from a $270 rifle?

Old 12-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Am I just being to picky?

Take it back and check the replacement one before leaving the shop.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

it goes back!
you will never be totally satisfied until you do..You paid good money for it.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id take it back with the scope on it and hopefully they will install it on the new gun for you. That sucks you gotthe excitement of a new gun ruined by a bad one. Hope the luck with your replacement is better.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would return it for another one...
Old 01-01-2007, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Consider this;

Muzzle loader in good condition with light pitting in the receiver. That’s how you would describe your gun that just came out of the box if you decided to sell it and it’s brand new. Sounds used doesn’t it.

Take it back and don’t think twice about it.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:33 AM

I don't think you are being picky but will the shop take it back? The shops I deal with allow an inspection in the store but once out the door there are no returns unless something is broken.Good luck
Old 01-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NJheadhunter71

I recently (today) decided to get an inline muzzle loader since I got tired of not being able to hunt in light drizzle with my TC percussionHawken so i got me a Remmington genesis which I liked the feel and features for the money (269.00) Its not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. Well I getit home and install the Nikon scope and noticesome type of pitting on the reciever. It kind of looks like bad casting. Aghain it wasn't a 500 dollar gun but would you take it back or am I just expectining to much from a $270 rifle?

First, take that inline back, and get your money back. Then buy a roll of electrician's tape and a roll of kitchen-type plastic wrap.

Put a strip of the electrician's tape, (or a condom!!) OVER, NOT IN!! the muzzle, and wrap a couple of thicknesses of plastic wrap around the lock and nipple section from about 2" in front of the lock to 2" down the tangof that Hawken, after you load it,cap it, and place the hammer at half-cock. Then you can hunt in that drizzle!

I hunted in the rain for a week in the Adirondacks a couple of years ago with my Hawken taped and wrapped like this, left it out in the woodshed at night loaded (removed the cap,of course, re-wrapped lock, recapped in the woodshed next morning) and after five days, it fired perfectly. Right on target, too!
Old 01-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

Take it back, those pits will only get worse with time.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

It goes back. You paid for a new gun in perfect condition. That is not what you got. Stand your ground.

Quick Reply: Am I just being to picky?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.