Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Magna porting?

Old 11-26-2002, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Magna porting?

A buddy is telling me I should do this with my 7mm Rem Mag. He did it and say it has really reduced the group size and recoil, in his opinion.

Anyways, I would like to know what you all think? Is it worth it? What are the benefits? Any reason to or not to?

Thanks

Old 11-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Magna porting?

Thanks RR, recoil is not a concern, I feel very comfortable shooting this gun. Louder...no thanks to as well. I had a chance to buy a Boss 7 mm Rem Mag, but after hearing a fellow shooter's...I said no thanks.

Just looking for reasons, why a guy would do this? Is it only recoil?

Old 11-27-2002, 06:38 PM

Default RE: Magna porting?

While the Browning "Boss" system is supposed to improve accuracy by tuning vibration (don't know if this really works or not), an ordinary muzzle brake only effects recoil. Years of shooting and playing loud music have effected my hearing to the point, that shooting a rifle without hearing protection makes my ears ring severely after just one shot. I can handle my friend's .375 H&H for half a box or so, so I can't imagine putting up with the blast of a muzzle brake, unless I was shooting from a bench.