Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

50 bmg.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:13 AM

Default RE: 50 bmg.

ORIGINAL: lead poisoner

Can't say I have.Butit wouldn't be a surprise all so.
Well, lead, I take back even talking aboutit, because, upon further research, the ammo prices are expected to drop in prices, in Feb, as supply catches up to demand.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111

Well, lead, I take back even talking aboutit, because, upon further research, the ammo prices are expected to drop in prices, in Feb, as supply catches up to demand.
I don't know if prices rise during hunting season on ammo or not. I think it stays about the same all year.I really didn't noticed that much of a difference.Then again I go to only one place to buy my ammo all the time and I know the owner.He just slaps it on the bill. So I guess thats a plus for being a regular customer.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:28 AM

I don't know if prices rise during hunting season on ammo or not. I think it stays about the same all year.I really didn't noticed that much of a difference.Then again I go to only one place to buy my ammo all the time and I know the owner.He just slaps it on the bill. So I guess thats a plus for being a regular customer.
Lead, to be honest with you, I don't notice that much of a difference, in ammo prices, never have, and never will, they do, however, seem to jump a bit during deer season. Take care.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:52 AM

ORIGINAL: TUK101

I, personally, don't see what the big deal is with trying to restrict the 50 BMG, I mean, it's just like any other gun, its only as good/bad, as the person who owns it.
I think that it has to do more with the potential than anything. I mean a 1 mile + accuracy potential and armor piercing capabilities? I think that the government is scared that in the wrong hands it would be used against our own police and be able to cause some serious problems for them. The 50 BMG is no toy, and in the right (or wrong depending on how you look at it) hands, the gun could be a pretty serious threat.
ThomasJefferson said something to the effect of
"The 2ndamendment is the most important, because it allowed the people to defend themselves from tyranny in the government" (historians please forgive on inproper word for word usage)

Maybe "they" are just scared of true Patriotism.

JJI wouldnt want a "redflag"

Old 12-22-2006, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I havea serbu bfg 50 and I can tell you it is very fun to shoot. I have never shot a deer with it , but if ya did with the right bullet I would say it will remove the hoof prints from the earth. I would say the fmj wouldnt do as much damage as ya think it would.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Laramie0892

It's legal to buy in most states but i like the armalite .50 cal. Its a single shot bolt action but i love it.The priceof the bullets are pretty expensive to,
Armalite .50? Yup... My brother-in-law has one. What a heck of a firearm!!!!

To those who have never shot a .50 BMG allow me to explain, offer some comparisons, etc...etc...

Weight: The .50 BMG is extremely heavy. I'm not talking heavy-to-carry like a fully loaded, weighted down, 30-06 with huge scope and bipod. The .50 BMG is HEAVY - as in so heavy you won't be able to hold it up to shoot it! A bipod/tripod mount is a must. When my brother-in-law and I shot his Armalite .50 BMG, we balanced it on the side rail of his pickup truck bed! [&:]

First appearance: You first look at the .50 BMG like it is not a normal firearm. It is more of an artillary round than anything! Big, massive, and will seriously kick some a$$ and deal with the outcome later. It means business and demands respect.

Firing the .50 BMG: It kind of looks and feels like a Savage bolt action rifle on steroids. It is way bigger in both size, shape, length, weight, etc... of any other rifle. Surprisingly enough, the recoil is not bad. The recoil of the .50 BMG is equivalent to a 12GA shotgun shooting buckshot or a rifled slug. But the thing that is way different is the split second percussion you feel. I mean, you can feel it in your heart. Even if you are standing nearby, watching someone else shoot it, you can still feel the "thump" in your heart from the percussion.

Lastly, the .50 BMG is an awesome piece of equipment. I wouldn't go deer hunting with it, or hunting anything with it (except for maybe a Cape Buffalo or an Elephant orRino in Africa. )

Don't get me wrong, it would be cool to own. Because you can own one legally, you are demonstrating your right to bear arms. It's also fun to pi$$ off the liberal anti-gun democrats!!!

Butch A.

Edit: Here's a photo of the Armalite AR-50 (my brother-in-law owns one):

Old 12-22-2006, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

It would be so nice to have one of those!

Tom
Old 12-22-2006, 07:22 AM

I think it'd be interesting to own one of these guns... eventually. Gotta get a hunting rifle and a shotgun before I can even think about anything else!
Old 12-22-2006, 07:23 AM

I got a chance to shoot the barret at Ft. Campbell 3 years ago and it was very fun to shoot. With that said I just could never envision ever having a place where I could shoot it or a practical reason to have it. I guess having something, does not have to be based on practicality though.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to buy a Barrett just to support Ronnie Barrett's efforts. When California banned .50s, he sent a letter to the Cali AG and other government agencies that he would no longer honor warranty work on rifles owned by any part of the California Government. He also developed a new cartridge, hte .416 Barrett based on the .50 BMG case that not only has beter ballistics than the .50, but can be sold in California.

Companies like Ruger, S&W, and Colt could take lessons from Mr Barrett.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.