Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Limbsaver De-resonator

Old 12-21-2006, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Limbsaver De-resonator

Lets see now. Its to ugly for you to put on your gun so you know its junk? Whats wrong with this picture? [:@]Another internet gun expert. Are you afraid the deer mightmake fun of your gun?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

A 22" barrel will have two or three nodes in it. Wouldn't that look good? Two or three of those on a barrel. Kind of Buck Rogers-ish LOL.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:26 AM

petrey10,

Why would you need it. If you are shooting groups at the range, it might have some effect, but if you are talking about deer hunting it won't help. The reason is that I have never heard of anyone firing a 3 shot group at a buck. 99.9 % of the time you only get one shot and if the rifle is sighted in, then that is all you need anyway. The deresonator won't help a one shot "group".

God Bless

Old 12-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

Lets see now. Its to ugly for you to put on your gun so you know its junk? Whats wrong with this picture? [:@]Another internet gun expert. Are you afraid the deer mightmake fun of your gun?
Well if the deer stopped to make fun of your gun it would make them easier to shoot, so maybe having a ridiculous rolled up condom look alike on your barrel is a good thing.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:18 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Well, I've ACTUALLY used one. I was very skeptical, but darned if it didn't work on my Kimber .308. Shrunk groups from 1.5 MOA to sub MOA, so who cares what it looks like. However, that particular rifle has a very whippy barrel. Your results might not be the same.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:05 AM

ORIGINAL: petrey10

does this product work well enough to spend the money on it??
I believe that this is nothting more than a gimic.

If it did work, would the results be repeatable? We know that the barrel vibrates. If a device was added on the barrel it would have to be in exactly the same spot each and every time to get the same results.Much likein a BOSS on the Browning rifles. Unlike the BOSS, this device has no way to ensure that it is locked into a given position.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:14 AM

hey james b........dont know if your a wiseguy or what, but the next time (if i took it correctly) you want to snidely call me an "internet gun expert"...you might choose to know a little more about me first.......besides i do a lot more shooting and hunting than i do playing on the computer......... 7800 + posts.