Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My new 7600 7mm-08 (Pics)

Old 12-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My new 7600 7mm-08 (Pics)

Thats a sharp looking rifle.I passed on a birch stocked Rem 7600 in 25-06 a year ago.I'm now wishing I hadn't.
BBJ
Old 12-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

O really hope they make the 7mm-08 in a pump as a regular offer.

I noticed a cool looking pump-action in .223 on that website. I didn't know Remington makes those kinds of guns.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:16 AM

Younggun243

That is a cool looking 223 Grice is offereing. Bet it would make an outstanding coyote/varment rig, especially with the AR style magazine...you could load a 30 round mag in there...LOL

firstshot
----------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:19 AM

Wimuzzleman

How about a little more info on your 7600? How has it performed in the hunting woods? Do you reload for it? Please share best loads, be it handloads or factory. What kind of muzzle velocities are you getting? What kind of groups?

Thanks
firstshot
-------------------------------
Old 12-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I left the rifle sights on my carbine. You are right, they are a bit high. I put a mark on mine where they are sighted in, then I moved them down the rail so that they would not catch on any thing. Are your bases Weaver style? Mine are on my other pump. I took the back sight off that rifle. I have a peep sight made be NECG that mounts right on the Weaver base when I remove the scope. It is very low profile. Also I have never noticed the back sight on my scopes.

I think it is important to have a low profileon fast action, woods rifles. In woods conditions I sight my rifle dead on at 100, and the closer to the bore, the tighter the trajectory. I feel more confident when my crosshairs are real close totree limbs. IMO. Tom.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:05 PM

Tom

I put Weaver style bases on the 7600. I have Leupold quick release bases and rings on my Mtn LSS and wanted to be able to interchange scopes between the two rifles. As you probably know, the quick release rings have a cross bar that matches up with a slot in the bases so you can return the scope to the exact same position when you remount it. I tried Leupold quick release bases on the 7600 but with, the the slots were in a different place than those mounted on the Mtn LSS. Then tried the weaver bases and wouldn't you know it, the slots matched up exactly to where the Leupold slots were on the Mtn LSS.

I've got a 6.5-20X50 scope that I use for range work and could switch this scope with the 3-9x40 on the Mtn LSS as needed. Now, I can use the 6.5-20 on either the Mtn Lss or the 7600.

Thanks for the tip on the NECG peep sight that fits the weaver bases!!!! Although I had not done any serious searching yet, I definitely had it in the back of my mind to try and find a peep sight setup that I could use on the 7600. The NECG that mounts on the Weaver bases is perfect!!! With that, I'll be able to use the peep, the 3-9 scope or the 6.5-20 scope as the situation dictates.....outstanding!!!!!

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

Doug
(firstshot)
-----------------------------
Old 12-11-2006, 09:12 PM

Tom

One more thing. I assume the big thumb knob on the left is for attaching to the weaver bases. The NECG website says these are adjustable for windage. Just wondering, how you do that?

firstshot
-------------------------------
Old 12-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The large kob on left is used to tighten the sight to the base. If you look real close at lower left hand corner you will see an adjustment screw. Also the aperture can be unscrewed-and different aperatures can be used. Also loosening the aperture allows you to set elevation. I prefer to leave rear sights centered, and make slight windage adjustments with the front bead-so I have never adjusted mine for windage. But if they say it is so, then it is so. The Quality is second to none. The only problem you might have is with front sight height. If you order from NECG it may cost a couple of extra bucks, but they can calculate front bead height for you. Tom.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

I have this same rifle. Just got it late last month thru Grice. I believe it was one of the last ones available. Very sharp, and an excellent addition to the gun locker. Have yet to shoot it, hopefully this weekend, and will take any tips or suggestions in relation to factory loads for the 7-08. I deer hunt West Central WI, in hardwoods and my longest shots in the last 8 years have been 85 yards or less. I don't reload so if anyone's got any suggestions, feel free to pass them along. I try to lean towards Hornady or Federal Premium in all my other guns.
Thanks in advance.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:42 PM

Canned Heat

Sorry...can't help with the factory loads. The only ones I've tried in my rifle were Federal Fusions (I think 140 grn)and the best groups I could get were in the 1 1/2 - 1 3/4" range at 100 Yds.

Only reason I tried them at all is I had just moved to Texas and didn't have my reloading equipment with me. I'll definitely stick to my reloads which are averaging 3/4"-1" consistently & get some 1/2" inchers on a good day.

firstshot
--------------------------

Quick Reply: My new 7600 7mm-08 (Pics)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.