Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bore Foam

Old 12-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bore Foam

Ever try a filter off a cigarette? They work pretty well up to .30 cal. Works best if you remove the paper from the fiber, and then roll it between your fingers before you slip it up into the neck of the chamber.........
Old 12-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

foam earplugs work well
Old 12-06-2006, 03:37 PM

I asked for opinions of anyone who uses bore foam, and all I have gotten is idiocy from some of you, if you have nothing to say that concerns foaming bore cleaner and how it has worked for you, please, don't comment.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:46 PM

well ill try to give you some suggestions here. i use it on all of my guns. on my shotgun i try to run the foam all the way down the barrel and then i wrap a rag around both ends and stand them up, turn them end for end a couple of times to get the foam spread out and lay them flat. on my muzzleloader i do the same thing except you only have to plug up one end. i usually let them lay at least an hour, but sometimes over night. so far im loving it. i hope this helps you out some.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:48 PM

Actually, shafer, that helped me out quite a bit, I let the gun that I used the foam on sit in the cabinet, until a good portion of the foam starts to run out, and then I just wipe it up, until it doesn't run out anymore. It may take 3 or 4 times, but the gun gets extremely clean, and the foam does a dandy job on copper fouling.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:52 PM

glad i could help. im gonna have to try out that way too and see what happens. as a matter of fact i got a muzzleloader that needs it so we'll see what happens.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:52 PM

Just be sure not to let too much get into the action.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:44 PM

Hi, I use Forrest Bore CleaningFoam in my .223. I put my rifle into a bench rest so it's almosthorizontal with a slight tilt forward so the muzzle is lower than the butt. I take the bolt and magazine out. The Forrest can has a little pipe which I can put into the chamber and squirt the foam down the bore until it exits the muzzle. I neither block the muzzle or chamber end of the barrel, as any potential run off will exit via the muzzle into a drip tray I have. Just wipe away any foam that may be inside theaction as you withdraw the can pipe. Then let it work it's magic and patch it out when you're done.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Idiocy?? Seems to me that YOU were the one complaining about the stuff running down over your bolt. All some of us tried to do was to give you a way of preventing it from happening. I guess that's our thanks for trying to be helpful, huh?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

I may be wrong but this poster sure reminds me of Magnumman300 or whatever his name was.

I'll repeat it again, maybe the relevance will appear. If you use one of the foam shooting earplugs in the bore end, the stuff will not run back into your action/mags.

Quick Reply: Bore Foam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.