Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mosin Nagant

Old 11-30-2006, 02:51 PM

Default RE: Mosin Nagant

i have to disagree Cervid.. The AK-47 is the best service rifle ever made. HAHA!!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:57 PM

Yea, go back to Afganistan...or was it Iraq...or was it Iran?

Freakin Hack! LOL
Old 11-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.mouseguns.com/compare.htm
Old 11-30-2006, 05:39 PM

Good one, Bri.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:30 AM

Thats AWESOME

Old 12-01-2006, 08:32 AM

I have owned several and love shooting them. With iron sights I have shot 1 gal. water jugs out to 260 yards. There a somefactory loads that are soft points for hunting. My dad has shot several deer with one we sporterized a scoped up. Works great on deer. I believe over in Russia they use them frequently on moose and brown bear and get the job done. I really like the price tags to. It would be nice to find an original sniper rifle.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:16 AM

I have seen some of the long barrel models at gun shows, and ther are alot more expensive...especially if they have the tap and mounts, and a "scope" bolt handle. I shot AT a doe with it about a month ago. I tracked around for an hour, but pretty sure I missed. She was a good 75yds and I was going for the neck shot.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:10 PM

I've got 5 Mosins in my safe at this time ,I've owned 30 or so since my first one ,back in 1983 ,then ammo was scarce and guns where plentiful ,now you can find some in Like New condition ,I've hunted andkilled one smallish Buck with a M38 its like a 44 carbine but no bayonet or lug,I was using 180gr. soft point. And I shot a wild dog (was running with a pack of coyotes ,chaseing deer,It it the ballistic twin to a 308 win. but I 've seen some old FMJ I don't no wgt of bullet I've seen 145 gr. to 215 gr. before ,it was chorny'ed close to 3000fps.

The 38's seem to kick awfully hard ,ther somewhat light wgt. 20in barrel ,no bayonet, and the stock is not shooter friendly and doesn't distribute the recoil one bit.
I've had sportized with synthtic stocks & scopes ,some super shooters ..

I have a Finnish Mosin with a Belgium barrel that is in great condition that ,is a real accurate rifle , recoil is minamal due to its heft...
I would not hesitate to take on any North American game ( save the Greater Bears) with the rifle and good 180 gr. soft points....

Speaking of big Bears about 6 miles from my house , a 550 lbs. plus Black Bear was taken 3 days ago, but not after it killed one dog and badly injuring another.. taken by a Marlin in 45/70

Buckeye
Old 12-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey, Aught 6, ever owned a winchester Garand? So rare! My dad bought a Winchester receiver for a a$$ load.
I try not to buy stuff I'd be afraid to take to the range on a regular basis.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

That explains the 30 carbine then. My Grandfather was in the NAVY during WWII, and was a communications personal. He tells me stories about the Guadal Canal (spelling) invasion, and killing Japanese soldiers with a carbine, so I guess I should give it some credit...It earned its place. The only one I have ever shot was the one he brought back from the war.

I will always stand by the Garand though
Yep, my grandpa qualified for it and the 1911 in the Army Air Corp. I really don't have any numbers to back it up, but I would assume the carbine saw more action in the Pacific than in Europe.

Quick Reply: Mosin Nagant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.