Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Where should my bullets hit at 30 feet?

Old 12-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where should my bullets hit at 30 feet?

Stop discouraging him. You're screwing up Darwin's theory.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: elgallo114

Now thats funny. In all out seriousness though..... Its a really bad idea. But to answer the original question, "where should my bullet hit at 30 ft.", about .5 to 1 inch low.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: elgallo114

lol
Old 12-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I'm gonna say is

You Really out not try that in your basement

Old 12-06-2006, 06:59 PM

use lead only bullets because FMJs helicopter back at you and fill your that part of the basement full with dirt/sand and use a whole bunch of tires/rubber things. good luck
Old 12-08-2006, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Just a question about your plan but what rifle were you planning to use? If your using a 30-06 or something like that Ohh hell no! BUT!!! If you were using a rimfire round such as a .22LRyou may be able to make it work. I would make sure the ventaltion of the area is suited to keep the air clean. When I was in High School (ohh only 15 years ago) our ROTC room had a shooting range in it. It was the size of a good basement and on certain days we would have shooting practice with 5 or 6 of us all lined up side by side. I'm sure it could be done but I would take a lot of time planning it out. Good Luck with it.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:06 AM

Forget the basement range for anything except for air guns. If you need to sight in a gun then get a laser boresighter. Put a one inch dot on the wall about 30 feet away and adjust your sights to that. Then take the gun to an outdoor range and zero it. You may be amazed how close it is to zero.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:31 PM

I saw an indoor range in someones basement. It wasin the home of a girl friend I had in high school. The house was originallyownedby adoctor who had the range put in when the house was built. It is no longer in use, but it was originally set up for .22. It was a circular hole in the wall dug out at chest height with steel barrels horizontally stuffed in to support the foundation. I have no idea if there was sand at the end or some other substance for a back stop. It was about20-25 yards deep and had a light at the end of the tunnel. There was a rail on the ceiling of the tunnel with a rope pulley to shimmy targets in and out. I amsure this would notmeetbuilding codesin the present day, but I wonder how many rangeslike thisexist.

J
Old 12-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even with .22's I wouldnt recommend this. It is a fantastic thought that I am sure most of us have wished that we could make come true, but at the same time it is a really crazy idea. The riccochet effect would just be deadly. Too many things could go wrong without a ton of money and planning to make it even remotely safe. Like I said before, airsoft would be your best bet. Another fun thing to do in a basement is those blowdarts.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: game4lunch

I would like to shoot more this winter. So I was thinking about setting up a "short" range in my basement. 30 feet or so.
But I don't know where the bullet would hit the paper at 30 feet, if I'm zeroed inat 200 yards? Make sense?
I would almost think that at that distance, it should be dead center. Except the scope is 1.5" above the bore.
I know about the safety issues and will take extreme caution if I do this.
Sound proofing, sand or some type of balistics gel backstop, etc.
At 30 feet, the bullet has not had much of a chance to move up in relation to the line of sight, so itwill still strikeabout 1.5" below the line of sight, regardless of the actual zero range..........

Quick Reply: Where should my bullets hit at 30 feet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.