Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Recovered core-lokt.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:18 AM

Default RE: Recovered core-lokt.

I have to agree with the use of the core lokts as I use them in both my -06 and .260. Shot an 8ptr monday with the .260 down through the back and it liquified the heart and lungs. It didnt even quiver. I also found the bullet about to come through the hide in the underbelly, this is the first time this has happened, I think it clipped the spine. Anyway the deer was on the ground.

At one time the core lokt was considered a premium bullet, but now with all the technology, it seems that many consider it "just a bullet". It has always done its job for me, no failures.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

My winchester power points have never let me down group well out of my 30-30 contender and never lost a deer in ten yrs don't remember any going over 40 yds. However I'd love to try the new lever evolution but 25 bucks for 20 shells in 30-30 thats steep. For that price I would expect the gun to shot itself
Old 11-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

The woman just whacked a nice doe this afternoon at her Dad's with a 300 savage and 150 gr. core lokt's. Double lunged it and broke the far side shoulder. Hardly any bloodshot meat, and I forgot to mention dead right there. I ordered some 270 cal. 130 gr. core lokt's bulk from midway. The factory loads shoot great out of my rifle.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:02 PM

The Cor lokt does what it was designed to do, pretty good, and that is kill game humanely.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would anybody care to explain why a Core Lokt bullet would even be considered a junk bullet? Idunno, I have just heard a lot of people kind of cringeing on factory ammo lately, namely the Core Lokts and Power Point ammo. Now I understand that for top notch target shooting, a good handload is generally going to perform better, but for killing an animal the Power Point and Kore Lokt have always done well for most people that I know. My dad has bumped up to the Silver Tips nowdays for big game hunting, but for deer it is still a Core Lokt or Power Point. I think that you just need to make sure that you are using the right version of the bullet since they are rated for the game for which you are hunting. Usinga bullet intended for thin skinned animals on something like an ELk or Moose is probably not going to perform correctly, and vice versa a bullet intended for thick skinned larger boned animals is probably going to get a pass through shot that doesnt quite tear things up like needed.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:17 PM

I have been reloading Corelokts for years in my 30-06. They are very good game killers. The major problem with Corelokts is the fact that they dont have the potential for the same accuracy as say a Hornady Interlock. It is quite common to compare several Corelokts and find the cannulars are in different spots. Sometimes they vary in length. I am convinced Remington produces these to be 1" bullets. In today's world, that is really that great and for anal individuals like myself, accuracy is paramount.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:32 AM

I have shot 150 grn Rem Express core-lokts in 30-30 for over 10 years now. I have had a pass through on every deer I have shot with that gun, 25 to 100 yards. My dad has shot many deer with the same bullets and has only had one that did not pass through. That shot was at 35 yards through the hind quarter, intestines, stomach, diaphram, liver, lungs, heart, and a shoulder. I found the bullet...intact...just under the skin. I wouldn't shoot anything else.