Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

With all the fuss about rifles...how about this MONSTER??

Old 11-26-2006, 02:33 PM

Default With all the fuss about rifles...how about this MONSTER??

If you really want NO CHANCE AT ALL of your game taking one step....go buy one of these. A shot anywhere on the body will drop em in their tracks lol.

Please don't take this seriously. I do not condone the harvesting of any animal with this rifle....just a post for fun. Enjoy.

best of luck

Old 11-26-2006, 02:37 PM

Default RE: With all the fuss about rifles...how about this MONSTER??

ORIGINAL: diamondaranch

If you really want NO CHANCE AT ALL of your game taking one step....go buy one of these. A shot anywhere on the body will drop em in their tracks lol.

Please don't take this seriously. I do not condone the harvesting of any animal with this rifle....just a post for fun. Enjoy.

best of luck

Actually, that rifle, is just about useless for hunting, you want a real monster? Go look up the old 4-bores, they have more energy than the 50 BMG, some of the bigger 4-bores have upwards of 20,000 ft lbs. What I mean is, some of the 4-bores are .800, some are .900, and someare 1 inch across.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111

best of luck

Actually, that rifle, is just about useless for hunting, you want a real monster? Go look up the old 4-bores, they have more energy than the 50 BMG, some of the bigger 4-bores have upwards of 20,000 ft lbs. What I mean is, some of the 4-bores are .800, some are .900, and someare 1 inch across.
You are right...absolutely useless for hunting. As I stated I made the post in jest. Just for fun.

It is a fun rifle for the range though.

best of luck

Old 11-26-2006, 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111

best of luck

You are right...absolutely useless for hunting. As I stated I made the post in jest. Just for fun.

It is a fun rifle for the range though.

best of luck
Dangit, I should've put a smiley, sorry if i sounded like a jerk, those rifles are about the best you can get for Loooooooooong range shooting, though.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

I was at the range the other day, a couple boys had a Barrett or knockoff thereof. Not a lot of fun for everyone else on a crowded line, but lots of giggles for the users... especially when they looked around and waited till others were in the middle of a string before lighting off theri muzzle-brake speshul.

They weren't hunters.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Catus Magnus

I was at the range the other day, a couple boys had a Barrett or knockoff thereof. Not a lot of fun for everyone else on a crowded line, but lots of giggles for the users... especially when they looked around and waited till others were in the middle of a string before lighting off theri muzzle-brake speshul.

They weren't hunters.
Yep, useless overkill, more power than needed guns.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Catus Magnus

They weren't hunters.
I hope that was not a "100 yard" range or similar. Better have been a 1000 yard range.

We have never been to a public range with this rifle other than for competition only (and that is 1000 yards). We use it here on the ranch on our own range. Using a .50 in a crowd like that could get pretty annoying....muzzle blast will dig a damned fox hole for you if you areon bare ground.

Still, killing watermelons with it at 1000 yards is fun.

best of luck

Old 11-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

I hope that was not a "100 yard" range or similar.
It was exactly that, a 100 yard range on a crowded day last week; I was there to dial in the new 30/30. The Barrett Boys were shooting at a picture of Osama with an AK. Their shooting was for s--t, too, unless they were aiming individual shots at fingernails, nose, ears, elbows and beard. Muzzle blast was brutal and I was just pissed at disgusted.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:50 PM

Well, that is pretty WRONG. You should talk with the owner of that place or the range boss....whoever!!

A rifle like that can be fun, but not at the expense of other folks.

best of luck