Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

TC Encore

Old 11-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default TC Encore

Ok guys i was wondering how much a TC Encore would be with a 7mm mag barrel and a 50. cal barrel would be. Im thinking about buying one this summer. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: TC Encore

An Encore frame will run about 269 for a blue one or 289 for a SS one. The barrels will run from 225- 275. The Pro Hunter model will run another 50-75. Those prices are like retail at stores in my area. Some shopping around may save a little. I asume you are talking about rifle barrels?
Old 11-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

just paid $780.00 for my T/C Encore Pro Hunter. it is the stainless steel one with the hardwoods camo butt and fore arm.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with a non-Pro Hunter stock/forend/receiver, and if you like them, use Pro hunter barrels. The Pro Hunter models are very nice, but to me, all you are paying for is cosmetic "fluff".
Old 11-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

I would go with a non-Pro Hunter stock/forend/receiver, and if you like them, use Pro hunter barrels. The Pro Hunter models are very nice, but to me, all you are paying for is cosmetic "fluff".
x2

All you get with the Pro Hunter is a newly redesigned stock and a swing away hammer. Not worth the extra $$$ in my opinion.

I just bought a TC Encore stainless 50cal with a hardwoods thumbhole stock and forend a month or so ago, and it shoots wonderfully. I have pictures in the Muzzleloader section of what it does to deer.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rammer

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

x2

All you get with the Pro Hunter is a newly redesigned stock and a swing away hammer. Not worth the extra $$$ in my opinion.

I just bought a TC Encore stainless 50cal with a hardwoods thumbhole stock and forend a month or so ago, and it shoots wonderfully. I have pictures in the Muzzleloader section of what it does to deer.
i just got mine in and shot it for the first time. without the "fluff" (swing away hammer) i would not be able to cock it with the scope in place.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

They do make an extended hammer for the regular encore for about $9.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had an extended hammer thing on my encore ,then it broke the hammer so now i dont use one any more.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:26 PM

Cataway,

I use an extender on my encore pistol and would hate for that to happen. Where did the hammer break...where the extender was attached or further down in the action?

Old 12-06-2006, 10:15 AM

I bought my Encore 209x50 SST composite for the ridiculous price of $480 at BPS. You can get heavy SST barrel for around $240 if you shop around. Blued barrels are under $200. I just bought a Pro Hunter 20g slug barrel for $300 which is a deal for that one, $380 MSRP.

Everthing made for the Pro Hunter will fit on a standard Encore. The Pro Hunter just has more bling. One thing I don't like is it's lighter due to all of the milling. I picked up a 12g Slug Pro Hunter and it was feather light. That thing will knock the snot out of you when it goes off.

You can have the swing hammer put on your standard Encore frame for around $80 I think from T/C. I just use the hammer extension and haven't had any problems with it.

Quick Reply: TC Encore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.