Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I have a thought

Old 11-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default I have a thought

Alrighty I have an idea and wanted to run it past you guys. I live in California, and we all know, California sucks for shooting. In order for me to shoot my bolt action, I have to drive an hour and a half to get to the range. I don't do much hunting, and don't really plan to while living in California. I was thinking that I could trade in my Weatherby Vanguard 30-06 with a Bushnell 3-9x40 scope and a Harris bipod and get a Springfield Armory XD in .45ACP

1)Would this be a fair trade, would the gunstore go for that? I paid 600 for the rifle/scope and the pistol is 550 ish

2)If I wanted to hunt sometime, could I get a rifled barrel for my Mossberg 500 pumpshotgunand use that instead for hunting?

I just want a pistol that I can take to the pistol range, which is about 20 minutes away, and shoot off a bunch of rounds. The 30-06 is great to have and I love it, but it just doesn't get use and I want to be able to shoot alot, not just 5-10 rounds and then be done and have to drive all the way home.

Let me know what you guys think.
Tom
Old 11-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I have a thought

Also you can get a muzzle loader fairly cheap can you go that route?

Tom
Old 11-22-2006, 02:59 PM

I don't know what the value of that rifle is, but your best bet is to just go in and ask. My local gun store does me pretty good when I want to deal. As far trading out right, my store doesn't do trades. What they will do is look at what you have to offer and then buy it from you. Then they will cut you a check right there. After that you can purchase whatever you want or walk out with the check. And sometimes they will be more generous with the offer if they know you are buying something else.

The last few times I have done this I didn't have to pay any out of pocket money for what I wanted. I actually got change in both cases, not much though.

That being said, if you paid 600 for your rifle and the pistol is 550 I don't think you will get it without having to pay some out of pocket money. They are not going to give you what you paid for the rifle, no way no how. You would probably be better off selling it outright if you can do it.

Paul
Old 11-22-2006, 03:01 PM

Oh, you can't get a centerfire rifle barrel for a mossberg 500 either. You can get a rifled slug barrel, or a .50 cal muzzle loader barrel for it though.

Paul