Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700 police

Old 11-20-2006, 11:19 PM

Default RE: Remington 700 police

I see where you are coming from, Brutal.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

No problem at all Chantecler111. I used mine for a long range deer rifle from a fixed position( I have a mobility handicap). I posted on another sight a question about the scout style rifle. What made you go that way Brutal? Have you had any problems with the eye relief on your scope?
Old 11-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

No problem at all Chantecler111. I used mine for a long range deer rifle from a fixed position( I have a mobility handicap). I posted on another sight a question about the scout style rifle. What made you go that way Brutal? Have you had any problems with the eye relief on your scope?
It's because of the type of work that I do. I could use a regular hunting rifle just fine but it's much more convient to have a short rifle that is easier to handle, pack, point etc but is still capable of reaching out there.

Plus, I fell in love with the rifle I was using originally which was a short, heavy fluted barrel but very light less than 8 lbs.

I love the combination of accuracy and portability.

When I say "scout rifle" I may be misusing the term somewhat. I just wanted a short, heavy fluted barrel rifle that was still light. "Scout" rifles in general are the only things that fit the bill.

I don't havemy LTRset up for long eye relief but I will eventually have a Steyr to replace my LTR. I am also looking for a Grendel SRT-20F. It'sa superb scout rifle as well.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7105

A horror story about the SPR. Not trying to say they are POS or anything just a heads up.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know this rifle isnt being asked about by the original poster but I currently own a Savage 110FP (their version of the police, tactical rifle) and it shoots incredible. It is a 300 win mag, had a jewel trigger already installed when I got it and no other mods. I am shooting plain old Win silver box plain jane ammo through it and getting under an inch @ 100 yards. Bigcountry can attest to how accurate it is, I carried it groundhog hunting with him last year. I cant wait to see it with my handloads I work up for it this winter. The one thing I did notice with this rifle is the barrel fouling. In fact thats how I got the rifle (I think), I think the original owner started getting unacceptable groups and got rid of it. It took 12 hours with the electro fouling remover to get all the fouling out, Hoppes benchrest soaking didnt even work.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossy33oak

I know this rifle isnt being asked about by the original poster but I currently own a Savage 110FP (their version of the police, tactical rifle) and it shoots incredible. It is a 300 win mag, had a jewel trigger already installed when I got it and no other mods. I am shooting plain old Win silver box plain jane ammo through it and getting under an inch @ 100 yards. Bigcountry can attest to how accurate it is, I carried it groundhog hunting with him last year. I cant wait to see it with my handloads I work up for it this winter. The one thing I did notice with this rifle is the barrel fouling. In fact thats how I got the rifle (I think), I think the original owner started getting unacceptable groups and got rid of it. It took 12 hours with the electro fouling remover to get all the fouling out, Hoppes benchrest soaking didnt even work.
A friend of mine has one in .308 and I've been with him on the range. They are indeed good rifles. I dislike the actions but they will do the job. He is going to trade his for a LTR though.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had an old PSS in 223 many years ago. The gun shot good, 5 shots under 1" pretty darned easy with a cheaper Swift scope on it. One of my buddies really liked the gun, so I sold it to him about 3 years ago now. The accuracy has since gone down the drain on it. He is going to have it re-barreled soon I believe. Right now it won't shoot any groups better than 3" at 100 yards. The gun has had thousands of rounds put thru it, and my barrel also wasn't centered in the forearm right either. The trigger also needed some tweaking to get it to feel good. Then again this gun was bought 10-12 years ago (just a guess). They may be better now, if it was me I wouldn't do it again. Check out the Tikka heavy barreled rifles.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack
A friend of mine has one in .308 and I've been with him on the range. They are indeed good rifles. I dislike the actions but they will do the job. He is going to trade his for a LTR though.
oh agreed they dont have a smooth as glass action butyou can get one of these gunsfor $400. Considering it will shoot as well as the $1000 guns Im tickled with it.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:35 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7105

A horror story about the SPR. Not trying to say they are POS or anything just a heads up.
Don't sound like a horror story to me. Sounds like they stood behind their product and made it right. Try that with remington and good luck. They do not have a spec. And yes, I sent mine back due to excessive freebore. And yes, they screwed me on my trigger and took off my fine 2.5lb trigger and put on a sledgehammer and charged me for it.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

[
Don't sound like a horror story to me. Sounds like they stood behind their product and made it right. Try that with remington and good luck. They do not have a spec. And yes, I sent mine back due to excessive freebore. And yes, they screwed me on my trigger and took off my fine 2.5lb trigger and put on a sledgehammer and charged me for it.
Taking that long to get a rifle that shoots is horrible IMO. They should have sent him a new one ASAP. I'm not comparing thier customer service to Remington. I don't know anyone thats have a problem with the LTR. The best customer service is the one you don't need.

Quick Reply: Remington 700 police

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.