Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700 police

Old 11-20-2006, 06:28 PM

Default RE: Remington 700 police

Well, thank's to the 3 of you. The supplier doesn't have the LTR, just the regular police model, the 300 win mag, 26 inch job. . This week I'll be over to seethe dealer and try to arrange something to look at the rifle before I buy. If I'm gonna spend close to a $1000, I'd like to see what I'm getting first. I wish someone on the forum would have been able to write more on the regular model. Well anyway, the way I see it, is that if I buy it, first I'll shoot a box or two, see how it goes and than maybe do a bit of work on the trigger or whatever. Maybe I'll like it the way it is. I don't have any contracts yet to do snipper jobs on week ends so a grouping of an inch or so might be good enough for me. (Just kiddingabout the contracts). Do you know of any good books on trigger or stock or barrel fixing (bedding)that could be of help, or does it go by shear experience? I rifle is like anything else: take a T.V. for instance. You buy a model, it'll last 20 years with no problems. Your next door neighbor will buy the same and it'll be in the repair shop more often than inhis living room.
Thank's again good buddies. I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

pierrecham,

I actually do have the regular model, but it is chambered in .223. I noticed the barrel channel isn't lined up perfect, but the gun with handloads is very accurate. 5 shots at 100 yrds inside a quarter, thats pretty good for a factory rifle. I just really like the 700 action, just personal preference though. The FN seems like an awesome rifle, although I have never saw one in person. I would saw if you like the 700P then buy it, you can always have a trigger job done for cheap if you need it. Price wise, I don't think you can beat the 700P. I picked mine up for $1050 with a Leupold Vari-X II 4-12-40 TD scope, bipod, sling, and a shell holder.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pierrecham

Well, thank's to the 3 of you. The supplier doesn't have the LTR, just the regular police model, the 300 win mag, 26 inch job. . This week I'll be over to seethe dealer and try to arrange something to look at the rifle before I buy. If I'm gonna spend close to a $1000, I'd like to see what I'm getting first. I wish someone on the forum would have been able to write more on the regular model. Well anyway, the way I see it, is that if I buy it, first I'll shoot a box or two, see how it goes and than maybe do a bit of work on the trigger or whatever. Maybe I'll like it the way it is. I don't have any contracts yet to do snipper jobs on week ends so a grouping of an inch or so might be good enough for me. (Just kiddingabout the contracts). Do you know of any good books on trigger or stock or barrel fixing (bedding)that could be of help, or does it go by shear experience? I rifle is like anything else: take a T.V. for instance. You buy a model, it'll last 20 years with no problems. Your next door neighbor will buy the same and it'll be in the repair shop more often than inhis living room.
Thank's again good buddies. I'll keep you posted.
There are other forums (ie sniper forums) where I know for a fact that there are numerous people that have extensive experience with the 700P and variants. I'm sure if you look around you can get the straight dope from the experts (ie not us lol).

Good luck!
Old 11-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a 700 PSS in 300 Win. Mag. It was the most accurate out of the box rifle I ever owned. I had to have a trigger job done, the trigger was terrible. The rifle shot factory loaded Federal 200 grain Sierra's more accurately than I could reload. Maybe I just got lucky, but I like the 200's in 30 caliber. The rifle would shoot two inch groups at 300 yards-that is fantastic shooting. I will agree with early post that the palm swell is very large. Too large for a person with small hands. Fit and finish was mediocre at best. But man would it shoot. Tom.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:40 PM

Why is it that the people who shoot these police and military style firearms, are the ones who need them least?
Old 11-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe the words "Police", and "Tactical", are merely buzz words. I bought the PSS because at the time it was the only heavy barreled 300 Win. Mag. that I could find. No more no lesss. If I was a police officer I do not believe I would trust my life to an out of the box PSS, I would definitely buy a custom, controlled feed rifle. But then I am not a semi-automatic pistol fan either, unless it is a rattler(1911). Tom.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I believe the words "Police", and "Tactical", are merely buzz words. I bought the PSS because at the time it was the only heavy barreled 300 Win. Mag. that I could find. No more no lesss. If I was a police officer I do not believe I would trust my life to an out of the box PSS, I would definitely buy a custom, controlled feed rifle. But then I am not a semi-automatic pistol fan either, unless it is a rattler(1911). Tom.
HEAD, for the record, I wasn't calling anybody out, I was just asking, BTW, I like the 110FP .300 Win Mag.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111
Why is it that the people who shoot these police and military style firearms, are the ones who need them least?
They offer alot of featuresthat aren'tona normal sporting rifle. It's not like they are that specialized or are like assault rifles or something.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

They offer alot of featuresthat aren'tona normal sporting rifle. It's not like they are that specialized or are like assault rifles or something.
I'm just asking, becauseI really want to know, I see people at the range where I work all the time with AR-10's and Springfield .45's.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

HEAD, for the record, I wasn't calling anybody out, I was just asking, BTW, I like the 110FP .300 Win Mag.
The reason I chose the LTR was because I wanted a scout type rifle capable of bench rest accuracy with a short, heavy fluted barrel and I didn't want to pay $1700 for a Steyr Scout rifle. The LTR was the only rifle that met those specs for me.

Quick Reply: Remington 700 police

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.