Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sako hunter or Browning A-bolt??

Old 11-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sako hunter or Browning A-bolt??

Thanks for the great input guys. I think I'm going to get the Sako. I need to have my dealer find me one......... as they don't make the 75 Hunter Stainless and the only 07 stainless with NO be in wood.... uhhhh. It's always a project.

As far as the Kimber. They didn't get a great write up the mag. I saw and I'm not crazy about the look.

Hopefully, my dealer will be able to find me a Sako 75 Hunter Stainless in .300WSM. If anyone sees one at their dealer let..... or better yet give me the dealer contact info and I'll give them a call.

THANKS AGAIN!
Old 11-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Seems like a lot favor the Sako over the browning, why?
Old 11-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

I have purchased two A-Bolts and never wanted for a Sako.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being that I have Sakos , my choice would be Sako also although I have no experience with Browning rifles. Never really cared for Browning rifles, not sure why...
Old 11-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I much prefer the sako magazine system and safety over the a-bolt systems.As well the sakos that I have fired have been more accurate than the a-bolts.In my opinion the sako rifles are better designed and built to higher standards.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Its personel preference when it comes to guns and optics. Some like bells and whistles, Fancy wood and even a special brand name. Others just like to spend what they have to to have reliable equipment that always works but may not be pretty or fancy. I am one of the later. I need a rifle thats accurate and dependable with optics that are clear enough to take game during all legal shooting times and holds its Zero year after year. You can get that by spending an arm and a leg or just a foot and a wrist.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out www.auctionarms.com www.gunbroker.com www.gunsamerica.com they might have the Sako you search for. Good luck.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think alot of people dislike the Browning, basically because it is made in Japan. Also Browning has never made anything, they are merely a trade name. I suggested the Kimber mainly because it is of equal or greater quality, and it is made in America. When things are of equal or greater quality I will buy American. Unlike scopes where I tend to favor the Swarovski over the Leupold. I have several Leupold's, but when it comes to my down in the dirt rifle, it wears a Swarovski, only because Swarovski is the best. I am not sure which reports on Kimber you are speaking of, and I do not wish a conflict. I presently own two Kimber's. One is the current Longmaster Classic(nice wood-S.S. barrel), I can assure you it is a very fine rifle. I would not say that it is better than a Sako, but I do believe it is comparable-and I believe both are better rifles than the Browning. Think American when you can.

This morning is the opening morning of WV buck season, and I am getting ready to go hunting in about an hour. I will be hunting with a 30-06 Encore-wearing a 3-10 AH Swarovski. Wish me luck. Tom.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Go get em!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve had the opportunity to get my hands a Kimber Montana rifle. I found this rifle handled very well but was a little light especially for the 300 WSM...

Quick Reply: Sako hunter or Browning A-bolt??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.