Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CZ - ANY GOOD??

Old 11-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CZ - ANY GOOD??

Although I've never owned one, I've never heard anything bad about them
Old 11-15-2006, 08:37 PM

I really like the CZ rifles except for one feature: the safety is backwards of just about all others - you pull back on it to fire and push it forward to put it on safe. I'm having trouble getting used to this. I also have a couple of CZ O/Ushotguns - overall very good value.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:38 PM

Go with CZ. Between myself, my uncle and cousin, we have CZs in .17 HMR, .22 LR, .223, and .22 Hornet, and all LOVE them. Quality is great, accuracy is great, and price is very attractive. I'm looking at the 550 in.22-250. You won't be disappointed.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:34 PM

I just sold a 550 American in 6.5x55 swede, very very accurate and a good value But the only thing that i didnt like about it was the weight it weighed 8lbs without a scope. It would shoot one hole off the bench with my hand loads. I now have a Ruger swede that is unfired so far I am a ruger fan but i doubt that i will get the accuracy that the CZ had.
Im sure that it will be good enouph to hunt with though. If weight is not a factor get a CZ. also if you dont like recoil try a swede, very mild and capable cartridge, and ammo is not that hard to find, it also comes with a nice decellarator pad and a fine 2 stage trigger
Old 11-25-2006, 08:30 AM
Spike

The CZ 527 American is a light to carry accurate rifle. The scope Factory mounting system is quite sound in my opinion.

Although the scope mount system is very reliable, the bolt design forces one to mount the scope a little higher than many of us care for. The factory scope mounts are on the heavy side. I am still looking for a better scope mounting system myself. At present the factory mounts are the best I have worked with.

Tried a couple sets of Millett mounts and both looked great. Junk can look very good yet the tolerances held for the Millett scope height just did not cut it. The mounts should be parallel and the two sets of Millett mounts varied .010" & .030 respectively in opposing directions.

The 527 American offers a lot of value IMHO as she comes with scope mounts. Accuracy tends to be very good with the factory CZ. For some reason I like the small bore's wlaminated stocks the best. Some how the laminated stock seems to work well with the magazines.

The Set trigger seems to be liked by most although the force to set the trigger is a little more than I care for.

Ill be curious to see what you decide on.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:10 AM

I have the 452 American in .22LR. Excellent quality, but the safety takes getting used to. Someone here suggested the T3, and someone else the Savage. I would agree that the T3 is excellent and the Savage also very good for the price. For light and accurate, my vote is the T3.