Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My camp burnt down, must replace my rifle...

Old 10-27-2006, 06:52 AM

Default My camp burnt down, must replace my rifle...

Hey All,

My hunting camp burnt down on October 6th, and I lost everything. I will be getting insurance money soon and will be replacing my stuff. Trying to decide between a Browning A-bolt Stainless Stalker or a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless to replace the A-bolt Micro Hunter .308 that was lost in the fire. I am leaning on staying with the .308 caliber. What do you all think?

Thanks for the help.

Fat-Arrow
Old 10-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My camp burnt down, must replace my rifle...

You can't go wrong with the .308. If you need load suggestions PM me.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:18 AM

Too bad about the fire. .308 is a good little caliber that will do you well.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:04 AM

If your asking help with the caliber then i will agree that the .308 is a great round and would probably suit you just fine as it probably already has,

If your asking for which of the rifles then i would think either of them would be just fine. I think i have heard a couple people mention that they have had problems with the magazine in the Browning's, but i have never owned one and have also heard great things about Browning. As far as the Tikka goes i dont think i have ever heard anyone on this site say something bad about the Tikka's. I was in a debate with myself last year and decided to go with the Ruger M77 MKII. But with the two rifles you mentioned i would go with the which ever fits you best. You mentioned though that you already ownded a Browning, you could maybe try something new and get the Tikka though. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:18 AM

You did tell the insurance company about the Picaso, right????

The way I look at it, nowadays with the speed of information, lawsuits and such, companies wouldn't stay in buisiness if they routinely produced junk, so just about anything will work fine.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Owning a A-Bolt 308 myself, I would sure go that route. I love mine.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:57 AM

Thanks for the replies. I have two other A-bolts and I love them both. I have heard great things about the Tikkas though, just have no experience with them or the company. A buddy of mine has a Tikka in 7mm-08. He says it is very accurate and causes sudden death to anything he winks at. Keep the opinions coming!

Coyote - No, I completely forgot about the Picasso painting that was in camp! LOL!
Old 10-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say you should switch to a 7mm-08. Here's a link:

members.tripod.com/sed88/rem7/

Old 10-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Browning A-Bolt and a Tikka T3 stainless. Both are great guns, and you won't go wrong with either. I'd pick the one that felt the best in my hands.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:04 PM

The Browning has a 60deg bolt lift while the Tikka is more conventional, and will seem a little weird I would think. But you can easily adjust to a new gun. 308 is a great cartdrige for all round use. Sorry about your bad luck, and hope you didn't lose anything you can't replace

Quick Reply: My camp burnt down, must replace my rifle...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.