Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What do you all think about Charles Daly

Old 10-29-2006, 10:30 AM

Default RE: What do you all think about Charles Daly

I've had a CD simi auto 12 ga and it fit me and had a good feel, but would dump a loaded shell on the ground a little to often. It would also pattern so far below the aiming point as to make it usless. On the other side of the coin is the O-U which was of very high quality, an awsome bird gun.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Charles Daly is a trade name, they have never manufactured a single item. OSHI made the name popular(they are a large sporting goods wholesaler), OSHI had full rights to the name(kind of like Sears and Kenmore). OSHI was bought out by Jerry's sporting goods, and the Charles Daly name went with the buyout in the early 90's. OSHI imported some very good high quality firearms, and also some low quality firearms, then put the Charles Daly name on these guns. They also sold other items such asa ML's, Scopes, Clothing, and other items. The name has been bastardized through the years, the name has also lost it's consistency. Tom.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

CD also once marketed nice O/U shotguns made by B.C. Miroku in Japan. These were as niceas any Browning Superposed, and if you can find one today, it is priced up there too.
Yep, the above is correct. I own a 20 gauge Charles Daily O/U that has been in my family since the 70's and it is a very nice shotgun. The current ones I think are of much lower quality.

OSHI had full rights to the name(kind of like Sears and Kenmore). OSHI was bought out by Jerry's sporting goods, and the Charles Daly name went with the buyout in the early 90's.The name has been bastardized through the years, the name has also lost it's consistency.
Pretty much what I heard as well.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: cpsniper05

I really never hear anything about this company and dont have any experience with them, on their web site their wood stocked rifles, pistols, shotguns all look very nice and have a really nice looking blueing done to them, does anyone know anything about how they perform, are the functional, reliable, etc, anything would be nice, their prices are the only thing that gets me cause they are reasonably priced, whatever you can tell me would be nice thanks,
All I know about is their rifles. They were made by Zavodi Crevna Zastava in the oldest arms factory in the world in Belgrade, Yugoslavia. They basically copied the Mauser 98 action during and after WWII and started making sporters in the early 60's. Their actions generally are as smooth as glass, heat treated and pressure tested and just wonderful. They are very very accurate and Remington selected the ZCZ factory to build their new 798 sporting rifle.....a wise choice IMHO as Remington hasn't built a decent rifle in a number of years. Charles Daly imported them for a number of years and they are outstanding very underrated rifles. I agree with el Dequello that the Orbendorfs are the Kings of the Mauser world, however, I rate the Zastava's darn near as good......sorry Paul Mauser. Anyway, the Charles Daly Mausers that were made by Zastava have their logo a ZCZ circled stamp on all their actions. Hope this helps and regards, Rick.