Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I found out I won a gun today, but......

Old 10-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I found out I won a gun today, but......

I won a nice Winchester 22 lever action about 8 years ago or so. I too forgot about the ticket after I bought it. I bought it January and the raffle was in September. It was on the side of my fridge covered up by some other stuff. I get a call one night, the guy says this is so and so from such and such fish and game club. I almost hung up on him thinking he was looking for donations and I didin't recognize the name of the club. Anyway, what a pleasant suprise!!!!

Mike
Old 10-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good stuff WW7. Congrats on your winning...
Old 10-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cascadedad

Just a question, but if your ticket stubdidn't get turned in, how did they chose your ticket number?

We have a lottery here in PA. They have several games where you buy lottery tickets and they have a televised drawing, Its just a machine with numbered ping-pong balls.

All the fire companys, clubs and organizations use this televised drawing and have the winning numbers go off of it. They use the lottery's numbers to determine the winner if the ticket they are selling.

This ticket went off of the 7:00 PM , Big Four drawing. It is a four digit number.

I never checked the ticket. My number hit on Jan. 1st 2006. The ticket had a gun given away, each day, for 2 months. There were grandprizes at the end of each month. One was an elk hunt for 2 and the other was a 4x4 quad and trailer.

The ticket stated that all winners will be notified. I was never notified. Because they didn't have the stub to see who's number hit. The sellers of tickets are supposed to turn in all stubs so that winners could be contacted.

I almost threw the ticket away. It had been laying in a stack of various tickets that my wife and I bought throughout the year. My wife decided to check the tickets via the PA lottery's website, which gives the winning number drawn, each day, going back to who knows when. She found out that my number hit clear back in Jan. So I called one of the phone numbers on the ticket.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

i agree, if you are wanting to sell it, get the most expensive caliber you can get, i dont think if it were me i would get a 22-250 but thats just me
Old 10-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a chance I could get any gun at slightly lesser value from this dealer. I've talked to a few guys that won guns, that this dealer was the one where they picked them up.

They said he will probably let me get another gun at a slightly lesser value.

A few years ago, my dad won a $500 pair of binoculars. He really didn't want them so he got a muzzle loader instead. He had to take about a $80 loss over the value of the binoculars though.

I'd really like to get a new bow. I was trying to think of a rifle that would sell quickly.

Around here, guys really like Remington pump rifles.

What to do, what to do???
Old 10-26-2006, 06:04 PM

get a thompson center encore pistol, .243 cal, stainless / rubber with a fifteen inch stainless barrel , and I'll give ya 450.00. See there , it's sold.... problem solved.

Always willing to help a friend out.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:22 AM

I'm an NRA member and support them. But in prior experience, they're not big on calling you back. Twice I needed replacement membership cards. I called and emailed. I never got a return call, email, or membershipcard.
Small price for what they do for us though.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

hope you get the gun. but theres a good chance that you won't

Old 10-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want an expensive caliber, get a .220 Swift.
I think that the .220 swift is the most fast centerfire caliber in the world.
My great-grandpa did something incredible but unethical with a .220 Swift.
Someone PM me and I'll tell them about it. If you guys think it's alright, than I'll post a thread.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you want an expensive caliber, get a .220 Swift.
The 220swift is neither a caliber,nor is ita an expensive cartridge to shoot.There were also some lower priced rifles chambered in the 220 swift.

Quick Reply: I found out I won a gun today, but......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.