Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

DUH!!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DUH!!!!!!!

goose.....How much for it????
Old 10-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I call bs on that. there no way a barrel can split so perfectly as that. four precise equally splits. I aint buyig it.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I call bs on that. there no way a barrel can split so perfectly as that. four precise equally splits. I aint buyig it.
Why four splits?Just a suggestion,but my boresighter collets have four splits as well,so if a bullet struck the expander,the pressure would be applied to four evenly spacedlocations around the barrel.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:25 AM
DM

I'm wondering how many gun blow up's you've seen for comparison? I've seen a few, and blew one up myself... Stranger things than that happen!

DM
Old 10-19-2006, 11:27 AM

The real question is why would someone ruin a rifle for a couple of pictures? That right there is enough to make me believe it.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

It took until page 2 for somebody to yell fake. I'm suprised!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DM

I'm wondering how many gun blow up's you've seen for comparison? I've seen a few, and blew one up myself... Stranger things than that happen!

DM
Been hunting for 30 years and never seen one. I'd be scared to hunt around you if you've seen plenty. hahaha.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:04 PM
DM

Been hunting for 30 years and never seen one. I'd be scared to hunt around you if you've seen plenty. hahaha.
I've never seen one when hunting, but i use to be very involved with balistics, bullet mfg. ect.. and along the way i've seen a few on the range ect...

Ido prefer to hunt alone, so i'm glad you don't want to tag along...

DM

Old 10-19-2006, 08:16 PM

The guy is likely still in shock anyway! I'll bet his head coming out of his a$$ made more noise than the gun blowing up.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yikes!
Why four splits?
Maybe the land/groove pattern provided evenly spacedweak points around the barrel's circumference, which they would.

why would someone ruin a rifle for a couple of pictures?
You never know. There are people out there with money to burn who will do anything to make their point of view seem viable. If it really was staged, they could be using them to show how "dangerous" guns are, and how "unsafe" and "negligent" gun owners are.

I honestly think that somebody just had enough balls to document a screw up they experienced and is sharing it in the hopes thatit may save someone else a really bad day. In any case, it's not the kind of thing you get to see veryoften. Thanks for posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.