Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

don't do this

Old 10-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: don't do this

sure i noticed the collet is completely missing. And i understand what some are saying about the collet sealing off the barrel causing a sudden and dramatic increase in pressure. I also notice that there doesn't appear to be any powder residue on the sitter or the spintered barrel. I'm thinking that the sitter would have just blown out the end of the barrel. But yes i do see how it could be possible.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, or that it's not possible. I'm not going to try it myself, i like my guns to much. Even if the barrel didn't split like that you would ruin the rifling at the tip.

like the title says.......don't do this!

Alls i'msaying is that i'd have to see it to believe it
Old 10-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

As people noted earlier. I am not trying to do this to any of my guns.I would have to see it to believe it.

I have also seen that episode of mythbusters, which is why I am so skeptical. Great show for don't try this at home idiots. From what I remember they plugged the barrel with the following....a replica of the human finger, for those bugs bunny fans, dirt, another bullet of the same caliber, welded a bolt on the end, and I think they jammed some other junk in there as well.All that happend was a bubble in the barrel. They were using an older gun, so maybe the heavier barrels of thepast helped them out.The one thing they didn't do that I would have loved to see them do was hotload the $*it out of a round and then shoot it. Oh that would have been priceless.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.thegunzone.com/m1akb.html
http://www.thegunzone.com/rifles-kb.html

Yup, barrels never spilt because of pressure
Old 10-22-2006, 01:45 PM

The one thing they didn't do that I would have loved to see them do was hotload the $*it out of a round and then shoot it. Oh that would have been priceless.

I personally know what a double load does to a shot gun....I am just glad my buddy didn't get killed or injured other than knocked out when he pulled the trigger....You will be left with 2 pieces of that gun...Stock and barrel with nothing in between...And as faras the tub drain chain as theprojectileof choice,we have no ideal if it even left the end of the barrel...
Old 10-22-2006, 05:53 PM

What I don't understand stubble is why are you looking around in other forums?
Old 10-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

The way I look at it... If you know anything about bolt action rifles you don't need to stick anything in your bore to bore sight

I saw a guy shoot his ram rod down range once... A typical public range butt nugget
Old 10-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

The way I look at it... If you know anything about bolt action rifles you don't need to stick anything in your bore to bore sight

I saw a guy shoot his ram rod down range once... A typical public range butt nugget
easy there pal, i did that once! so i guess i resemble that remark. I was younger and dumber then. now i'm just a little older and alot dumber
Old 10-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Then again if you already own a boresighter,it is both quicker and more precise to use it.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a link I found that should dispell any doubt:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=128281
Old 10-25-2006, 12:35 PM

Being a Savage barrel certainly may have helped but I've seen it with other rifles. Shotguns and pistols too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.