Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Is Answer Rilfes out of Business?

Old 10-13-2006, 01:40 PM

Default Is Answer Rilfes out of Business?

Does anyone know if www.answerrifles.com are out of business or not? They cashed my check back in july and have never sent me my order. I have sent numerous emails and voicemails and have gotten nowhere. Is anyone else in this situation with them?

This is beyond frustrating and I do not know what to do. The website is down - now there is some other website at there domain - , the phones are all disconnected.

Can anyone help?

Thank You!
Old 10-14-2006, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is Answer Rilfes out of Business?

I never heard of them.Sounds like they took your money and ran unfortunately.I hope it works out for you.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 10-14-2006, 08:49 AM

they were in business over ten years making muzzle brakes and such. you could see their ads in the magazines. they were cometitors of magna-brake.

my hope is that i will still get what i payed for. maybe someone out their lives close by to them and can go and check them out.

the owners name is Don White:

Answer Products
1519 Westbury Dr.
Davison, MI 48423

(810) 653-2911, (800) 362-1857
Old 10-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you ordered a firearm from this outfit and have had no contact, call the men in the grey suits. I'll guarentee the BATF will get an answer for you before the sun goes down.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:40 PM

sniper,

thanks for the tip.

they installed my muzzle brake over 5 years ago. i ordered a threaded cap incase i did not want to shoot with my brake. they told me to send them my brake so they could duplicate the thread. this was in early july. now its mid october and i have nothing. this means my rifle is useless now as i don't think its smart to shoot it with the threads exposed. i may have to buy a new barrel now.

i think i will contact the better business bureau for help.

this means i may have to cancel my fully paid for out of state hunting trip or i will have to use my bow.

what a horrible experience.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:02 PM

I can't help you with the company. But you can certainly use your rifle. The cap that you tried to buy, is just a thread protector. It will not hurt your rifle to fire it without it. You will want to be cautious about damaging the threads, but you should always be careful about not damaging the end of your bbl.

I would highly reccomend contacting the BBB about this matter. And if it were me personally, I would pony up the $20 and run a background check on the guy. You will be able to get his home address and phone number. Even if he is unlisted, you will probably be able to get his info. If you need more info on how to do the background check, drop me a PM and I will give you the details. Good luck
Old 10-16-2006, 03:53 PM

longrifle1000,

thank you for your advice. i will contact the bbb. even if he is out of business he should have the courtesy to send me back my brake.

are you sure i can shoot my rifle with the threads exposed? i guess i see your point - the barrels crown is at the end of the threads and not the brake. so will give it a try.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live close by I will make a call to a local gun shop that will know something. I'll get back to you later today or by tomorrow.

Tom
Old 10-17-2006, 07:52 AM
bigcountry

Now, see thats a fine person that would do that for ya. You a good guy stat. Don't hesitate to take a baseball bat. Thats pretty crappy a person would do that. But unfortately, not uncommon. I know guys who have been cheated up to 30K on motorcycles from easyriders going out of business and keeping everyones money and then filing bankrupsy. I thought answer was a good organization, but who knows.

I knew I talked to ya for some reason.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, here is the deal. I called a local gun shop that is a distributorfor Answer. The owner's name is Don. They gave me a direct number for you to call. I tried calling and got an answering machine. I'm going to PM you the direct number so that you can call and leave a message.

After getting the answering machine I called the gun shop backand they assured me that they are still in business and that the owner was in their shop last week.

Good Luck

Tom

Quick Reply: Is Answer Rilfes out of Business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.