Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

need advise fast please post

Old 10-07-2006, 11:07 AM

Default need advise fast please post

hey guys i shoot a 45 cal super mag by knight with 150 grain pyrodex pellets and power belt bullets what caliber do you think i should shoot i forgot what i shot last year but i think it was 190 grain season opens monday i have to shoot today what you think?
Old 10-07-2006, 11:11 AM

Default RE: need advise fast please post

i forgot not what caliber but what grain bullet i shoot mostly 150 to 200 yard range or any suggetsions on bullets rathe rthan power belt i have always had good results from them though.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:12 AM

all four of you looked at it you dont have any advise you shoudnt be on here
Old 10-07-2006, 11:42 AM

Whoa there! Take it easy. If you expect every person here (or on any other forum)to give input you are in the wrong place. First, you should have started this process along time ago instead of waiting till the last minute. It takes time to develop a good load, and what shoots good in one persons gun may not in anothers. Good Luck!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Criggster

Whoa there! Take it easy. If you expect every person here (or on any other forum)to give input you are in the wrong place. First, you should have started this process along time ago instead of waiting till the last minute. It takes time to develop a good load, and what shoots good in one persons gun may not in anothers. Good Luck!
10-4, good buddy!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

First, you should have started this process along time ago instead of waiting till the last minute. It takes time to develop a good load, and what shoots good in one persons gun may not in anothers.
Well said.It is not the fault of the people reading this thread that you couldn't be bothered to prepare to hunt until the last minute.As to the number of people viewing this thread,with such a vague topic,we had no idea what you wanted to know until we read the thread.As well many people do not have muzzleloaders and therefore can't give advice on the topic.With your attitude,you will be fortunate if anyone even bothers to try and help you.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 10-07-2006, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

First, you should have started this process along time ago instead of waiting till the last minute. It takes time to develop a good load, and what shoots good in one persons gun may not in anothers.
Well said.It is not the fault of the people reading this thread that you couldn't be bothered to pepare to hunt until the last minute.As to the number of people viewing this thread,with such a vague topic,we had no idea what you wanted to know until we read the thread.As well many people do not have muzzleloaders and therefore can't give advice on the topic.With your attitude,you will be fortunate if anyone even bothers to try and help you.
Well said. And not to mention you put your question in the WRONG forum. You should have put it over in the black powder section.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:37 PM

According to an article in the November 2001 American Rifleman, the .45 caliber 225 grain Powerbelts are a good balance of muzzle velocity and downrange energy. They also determined that the 175 and 150 grain Knight red-hot bullets (Barnes X) are so close in terms of trajectory that one may as well shoot the heavier 175 grain bullet. They also were big on using five 30 grain Pyrodex pellets. Hope that helps. Roskoe
Old 10-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I shoot 300 Grain Hornady XTP bullets in the T/C Mag Sabots with two fifty grain Pyrodex pellets. This load will shoot clear through elk at 200 Yards.

Quick Reply: need advise fast please post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.