Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

help with gun

Old 09-28-2006, 12:59 PM

Default help with gun

I am new to hunting and want to clean my -Winchester ranger 120 12GA. It is an older gun if that helps at all. Is there a way to pull off the pump/action from the gun (not sure what to call it). It is very dirty and I cant clean it very well on the gun. Thanks for any help
Old 09-28-2006, 02:34 PM

Default RE: help with gun

Without having owned the shotgun you describe or actually seeing it, I am certain that you should be able to take it apart. I have a Remington 870 supermag and taking the forend/pump is as simple as unscrewing the retaining screw cap at the end of the magazine tube and sliding off. I am not sure if the same thing will work for you, but give your Win a good look over, note how it is assembled and try to disassemble, while keeping reassembly in mind/how parts go together. You could also do an internet search for how to assemble/disassemble by your brand and model as well. Good luck.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:52 PM

I have already unscrewed it and taken off the barel. But the action/pump will not come out. I have tried everything i can think of. seems like it should slide out but something wont let it.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you dont know what you are doing id recommend letting a gunsmith clean it for you most gunsmiths will only charge 20 or so bucks to clean it. also while he or she cleans it see if they will let you watch and teach you the basic take down of the gun. A buddy of mine owns a gun shop he spends more time fixing guns where the owner had no clue as to what they were doing and ended up breaking or losing parts. My best advice to you is dont try it yourself besides you may end up kicking yourself in the rear if you did lose or break any parts since parts for you particular model you have are very hard to find.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

i agree with the wolf on this ..sometimes you got to pay the pros