Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Interesting

Old 09-28-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Interesting

Anyone else see this?
http://www.winchesterguns.com/services/press/detail.asp?ID=39
Old 09-28-2006, 12:31 PM

Default RE: Interesting

I heard about this and from what I have read it's both good and bad! Basically my understanding is that now FN has the power to manufacture Winchester rifles somewhere else besides Connecticut. Most likely they will start making them in Japan by Miroku - the same manufacturer that Browning used for the reproduction 1886, 1895, 12sand other guns. It will be nice to be able to buy new 94s and 70s again and the quality should be good but I hate it that they won't be made in the U.S. anymore! The worlds economy has changed and I guess we will just have to make the best of it - I don't see it ever going back to the way it was!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:50 PM

Galnqbeard - It would definitely be a sad thing if their products are gonna be manufactured on foreign soil.....Be american and buy american!!!!!!!!!!!-----jester68
Old 09-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both Browning and FN have a superb reputation for making top quality firearms.I see no problem with this. I prefer to buy American even if it costs me more (which it often does). But look at it this way, Winchester doesn't have to go away and overseas manufacture generally means good quality at a lower price.