Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

somewhat of a newb question...double set triggers

Old 09-20-2006, 11:51 AM

Default somewhat of a newb question...double set triggers

So I was ready through the 7X57 thread and saw a picture of a rifle with double set triggers. I never really knew what they where (of course, I assumed they were really nice, and expensive) but I kinda figured it was a description of the internal workings. The rifle pictured was single barrel and double triggered...Soooooo that makes me have to ask: What exactly are double set triggers, how they work, what the advantage is, and is there any downfall to them other than price?
Old 09-20-2006, 12:23 PM

Default RE: somewhat of a newb question...double set triggers

Double set triggers have two triggers (obviously). The front one releases the hammer while the back one, when set, turns the front one into a hair trigger.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:09 PM

So it takes two fingers to fire? Middle finger pulls the back trigger which 'loads' the front one as a hair trigger? So you get a hair trigger without the glaring safety concerns....and a really cool looking gun
Old 09-20-2006, 04:16 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Soilarch

So it takes two fingers to fire? Middle finger pulls the back trigger which 'loads' the front one as a hair trigger? So you get a hair trigger without the glaring safety concerns....and a really cool looking gun
Nope, you pull the backone back first to set the front trigger. then pull the front.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:07 PM

alright, so its still a one finger deal...you pull the 'first' trigger which 'sets' the front hair trigger. While we're here what exactly is a two-stage trigger that I hear about on tactical forums?
Old 09-20-2006, 05:14 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Soilarch

alright, so its still a one finger deal...you pull the 'first' trigger which 'sets' the front hair trigger. While we're here what exactly is a two-stage trigger that I hear about on tactical forums?
Usually, its when you pull the trigger part ways and can feel a trigger block being moved (I think). Like on my beretta 92FS.