Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Nef Ultra slug

Old 09-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Nef Ultra slug

What type of accuracy do you get out of your 12 g ultra slug by New england firearms. What slug do you use?
Old 09-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nef Ultra slug

H&R (Harrington & Richardson) produce the USH (Ultra Slug Hunter). We've got 2 of them.

Mine is a 12-gauge deluxe. I shoot Brenneke 2-3/4" Heavy Field Magnums and 3-inch Brenneke Gold Magnums. I get very, very good accuracy. I've had it since they first came out. Experimented with alot of slugs, both sabots and regular, found the Brennekes to my liking.

My boys is a 20-gauge standard model. Bought that one like 3 years ago. Didn't experiment much with ammo on this one. Got a heck of a deal on big lot of 3-inch Remington Copper solids and it shoots them extremely well. It too likes the Brenneke 3-inchers. Of the two guns I would give the slight accuracy edge to the 20-gauge.

Now the USH's have no sights, they are sold with a scope base attached and you add your scope of choice.

The NEF dedicated slug gunis called the Tracker II. It doesn't have the really thick bull barrel of the USH. Regular walled, rifled barrel with rifled sights. It is a bit cheaper than the USH and ready to go out of the box. I have shot one in 12-gauge some and thought it to be a good slug shooter. It is alot lighter than the USHs (what isn't?- LOL) and it kicks! I wouldn't mind putting one in my locker though. It would be a good gun to have around deer camp in case someone needed a back up for whatever reason. I would probobly go with a20-gauge. I'll keep my eye on the used gun racks for a deal.