Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

new gun problems

Old 09-09-2006, 08:25 PM

Default new gun problems

bought a new steoger 2000 and shot it for the first time out of 100 rounds
it mis fired on me 20x no joke real piss and a buddy of mine to me he had the same probem called the company and they same it needs breaking time about 100-150 rounds before it breaks in is this true or is it broken
Old 09-09-2006, 08:29 PM
DM

Default RE: new gun problems

It should NEVER misfire EVER, new old or otherwise!! Take it back!

Drilling Man
Old 09-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

Im not sure. but that sounds like a crock to me. What if hunting season was the next day after you bought the rifle, would you have to shoot it 150 times that day just to be able to hunt without threat of a misfire? I'd be calling them back.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

Don't know if its true or not but I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Ihad the same thing happen with my browning .22 buckmark. When I first got it it jammed all the time butafter about 7 boxes of ammo it has settled in and keeps going all the time without a hitch. Please post whatever your results are as I'm sure we'd all be interested in hearing about it. I was interested in the gun myself as it seems to be an affordable SBE. Take care and hope it does "break in" and start working for you as its supposed to.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bklyn215

bought a new steoger 2000 and shot it for the first time out of 100 rounds
it mis fired on me 20x no joke real piss and a buddy of mine to me he had the same probem called the company and they same it needs breaking time about 100-150 rounds before it breaks in is this true or is it broken
I undertstan you real piss to both buddy n you take back peese of junk gunshud no misfir that may tims - brakein B.S.! alredy broke! you call company??too??