Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Walmart not selling guns

Old 08-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Walmart not selling guns

I went to walmart today and they didn't have any guns for sale. I asked a kid who worked there and he told me that it happened last week and he didn't think they were going to sell them anymore.

Anyone else know anything about this?? Maybe it's just in NY.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:39 PM

Default RE: Walmart not selling guns

Must be NY, All 4 in my (expanded) area still have both cabinets full.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:05 PM

nere in nc we still got guns for sale.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Dominant Buck

We have 15 in a 30 mile radius from me and the Super Walmart 4 miles to the east of me had a 2000 signaturepetition against itbefore they opened and they do not sell guns, but the Regular Walmart 3 miles west of me does, I also have two more Regulars 5 miles to the South and they also do.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I talk to my son today and he said that the ones in Michigan will not carry guns any more. But they did have some great sales he got a Marlin .22 mag. for $129.00 I told him to go back and buy 3 more and I would pay for them when he went back they did not have anymore, Thats the way my luck goes. The guy at the desk told him that about half the Wal-marts will not sale guns any more. But you can still order them which makes no sences
Old 08-12-2006, 05:34 PM

All of the wal marts that I know of do not sell guns any more. I think it sucks! I think wal marts is getting to big for thier britches.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

last I knew the one in
Olean still sells them Bradford too
Old 08-12-2006, 06:15 PM

to let yall know, its not only in NY, its some stores here in CT though. they're doing this in stores that havent met their quota of 146 or something rifles pery year...

-Travis-
Old 08-12-2006, 06:22 PM

I think the biggest shame of it is that Walmart did everything they could to undercut the small local sporting goods shops (by slashing prices to the point where the localscouldn't compete and/or make any profit, by having a half dozen stores/superstores taking the business from 1 or 2 local shops) and now they will stop selling firearms because their local 5 or 10 stores don't do enough individual business to make it worth their while to sell firearms.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I under stood the original report, the stores with the lower sales were going to be the only ones to stop carrying firearms. My local store and every one within 100 miles that I know of are still carrying guns.

Quick Reply: Walmart not selling guns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.