Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

new gun problem

Old 08-10-2006, 05:24 PM

Default new gun problem

i just bough an encore 209X50 muzzleloader. i was trying to clean it the other day and the ejector pin screw wouldn't unscrew. so of course i couldn't get the ejector pin out to get to the bp. i had 3 other people try it and even with the correct size screw it totall f'd up the screw. i called tc about it and the service guy i talked to said he would get it out, and if he couldn't get it out they would give me another barrel. the guy i talked to was Rich N. has anybody talked to him or had him do anything? he told me to request him when i sent it in. as i said before has anybody had him do anything for them before, or does anyboyd have any suggestions, thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: new gun problem

I had a problem with my 45 renegade. It shot off to the right about 2 ft at 50 yards. Called them, they said to send it back. They fixed it - same barrel and it shoots fine. Just took some time to get it back. No charge. I think all their guns have a lifetime warrenty.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:47 AM

When you get it back, get the tip out extractor. It screws in and you never have to take it out again because it just tips out of the way for breech plug removal.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

TC has the best Warrentee in the business. The reason he said ask for him is that you talked to him and he knows exactatly what you want and there will be no mix up. And everyone will be happy. I still don't know why everyone don't have a TC there is nothing better and talk about standing behind there product. Its the way America used to be the coustomer is always right.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

I have to echo the support for T/C customer service. I have owned a White Mountain Carbine and two 209x50's. I have sent the WMC and one of the 209x50's to them a total of 3 times for differing problems (not all the fault of T/C) and got very good support and repairs or replacements from T/C with no charge at all. They can't be beat for quality or service.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:17 AM

As mentioned earlier.
Get the extractor that flips out of the way, or take it out completely.

Best 15 dollars you will spend on the rifle.
R
Hank
Old 08-12-2006, 09:50 AM

thanks. i just sent it out today. i shipped it priority usps. and in a tube. i also put a note in the tube asking for him and to tell them what was wrong with it. i just hope i get it back in time to try it out a couple more times before season come in. in novemeber.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

My experience with T/C's Customer Service has always been a fast turn around on repairs.They definitely stand behind their products.Never any questions asked.I have a Renegade that was probably over 25 years old at the time. Cracked Stock.They replaced not only the stock but everything except the ramrod and barrel.They probably would have replaced the barrel if I had asked.

Ruger Redhawk