Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

t/c encore and wsm or lack there of?

Old 08-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: t/c encore and wsm or lack there of?

Retrieverman,

I've shot some stout rifles in No 1's and was amazed to find someone that had found one that kicked like you say. Wasn't picking at what you said just was confused lol. I had a custom remington built on a 375 h&h with medium barrel the gun weighed 9 1/2 lbs by itself. The problem was it had a raised monte carlo stock and everytime I pulled the trigger it busted my cheek. I managed 20 rounds through it one day and listed it in the paper the next. I could of had it restocked but I was so dissapointed I didn't care at the time. I do understand not wanting a rifle that recoil effects your shooting. My first 300wm was in a Remington 700 adl I bought at a outfitters banquet. And to this day is that is the worst rifle I have ever set behind for recoil. I thought the 460 wby was bad until I laid my hands on that one.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:11 PM

Default RE: t/c encore and wsm or lack there of?

When I first had the barrel made WSM were new and I only had the option of the two Winchester loads at the time. I think both were 150 gr, one in BST and the other in the grey box SP. I was told that some of the first WSM factory loads were too hot, so I later bought Federal in two loads, one being a heavier 160-180 load. Gave, pulled the scope, and now the VV barrel is naked in the case with my Encore set up as a M-loader.