Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

t/c encore and wsm or lack there of?

Old 08-12-2006, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: t/c encore and wsm or lack there of?

Newton has never been behind my Ruger Ultralite 270. LOL!
Old 08-12-2006, 07:51 AM
bigcountry

And besides James only uses what he needs. Even though I am confused by his 270WSM purchase. Need???

Old 08-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tha niotion that I only use what I need was an idea that you came up with some time back. It never entered into my thinking. I owned and fired many rounds through the 416 Rem Mag. Did I need it? Hell no. I have tried most every caliber within reason and didn't need any of them. The 270 WSM? Never tired one so I bought the Savage Varmit model in that caliber to try the WSM and the accu-trigger in one gun. I like the fact that the 270 WSM idles at speeds that are near or past max for the 270 Win. Even so, my load for the 270 WSM is right at 3000 fps.

Had to reply to the fact that the 300 WSM recoils less than the 270 win. You didn't mention that your 270 was a super lite weight. Put the 300 WSM in that same gun and see how the recoil compares.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

Had to reply to the fact that the 300 WSM recoils less than the 270 win. You didn't mention that your 270 was a super lite weight. Put the 300 WSM in that same gun and see how the recoil compares.
Did it! I got into Blasers recently andended up withtwo of the same gun; one in 270 and one in 300 WSM. The 300 WSM might recoil slightly more, but it was not that noticable. I sold the Blaser 270 and kept the 300 WSM.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:42 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: James B

Tha niotion that I only use what I need was an idea that you came up with some time back. It never entered into my thinking. I owned and fired many rounds through the 416 Rem Mag. Did I need it? Hell no. I have tried most every caliber within reason and didn't need any of them. The 270 WSM? Never tired one so I bought the Savage Varmit model in that caliber to try the WSM and the accu-trigger in one gun. I like the fact that the 270 WSM idles at speeds that are near or past max for the 270 Win. Even so, my load for the 270 WSM is right at 3000 fps.

Oh easy, you know its our private joke.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

OK, Just checking.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:09 PM

Must say I have a Virgin Valley 300WSM in heavy barrel and it is only average. I admit I do not reload, but no factory load of any weight shoots better than average. (1 inchish @ 100).
Old 08-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ideaman

Must say I have a Virgin Valley 300WSM in heavy barrel and it is only average. I admit I do not reload, but no factory load of any weight shoots better than average. (1 inchish @ 100).
What ammo are you using? My VVG 300 WSM barrel will shoot one hole at 100 all day with factory Winchester Supreme 150 gr ballistic silvertips. I have been wanting to try other ammo, but I can't make myself quit on a winner. I have never heard of any VVG barrel not shooting sub MOA.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

I can't believe retrieverman's Ruger No 1 in a 300wm had more assumed kick than the t/c 300wsm. I own and shoot No 1's and they are alot milder in recoil than most rifles in smaller calibers. I guess there's one thing I like a rifle to do in recoil is to push not buck. Ruger No.1's push instead of bucking. I've shot the t/c in several different calibers and didn't like the way it came up instead of back. The same to be said with alot of the light weight rifles in bolt action. Anyway weight of rifle = less recoil, unless you have a flawed stock design. In my opinion would you rather be shoved on the shoulder or punched.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cherokee_outfitters

I can't believe retrieverman's Ruger No 1 in a 300wm had more assumed kick than the t/c 300wsm.
There is no "assuption" as to the kick of my Ruger Ultralite 270 or my Ruger #1 300 WM. They KICK! In my original post on this thread, I stated that my VVG 300WSM barrel is full bull. The barrel alone weighs 5.5 LBS., and when you add custom fiberglass stock and a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20 scope, I am carrying a rifle that weighs close to 12 lbs. But, on the flip side, my Blaser R93 300 WSM with a standard weight barrel only recoils slightly more than my Encore. Cherokee did hit the nail on the head in that weight does equal less recoil.

Quick Reply: t/c encore and wsm or lack there of?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.