Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best new rifle for the least amount of money? You opinions welcome

Old 07-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best new rifle for the least amount of money? You opinions welcome

As has already been stated,a Savage with the accu-trigger is a very accurate rifle for a reasonable price.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:10 AM

Hey there well I've got to tell you that you made the right choice. I have a Savage model 110 .270 caliber that is amazing out of the box accurate. It unfortunately does not have the accutrigger but shoots very well. Also I have heard some PRETTY good things about Mossbergs ATR wich you can buy at Wally World for $250. If you are ever interested in a semi auto rifle well let me tell you that I just purchased the all new Remington model 750 .270 caliber that is just hands down awesome. It is very accurate and is held up by there guarantee to work better than there older 7400 model because I have shot about 300 shells through it without any problems at all. You will get MANY MANY MANY years of good hunting with your Savage.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

that $300 deal on an Accu-Trigger Savage sounds like an excellent buy. To answer the question of best rifle/$... I'd say Savage. I've had two - a 110E in 30-06, and a 111F in .270 - and liked both. If I were to buy a NEW rifle, it would likely be a short-action Savage in .308

Here's an alternative to New Rifle: used Marlin in 30-30... they're pretty, and with a low-powered scope will kill deer dead as far as I can hit them.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:20 PM

Ultra low end the NEF/H&R has it, but in the $300 or so price range Savage is hard to beat. I am glad to see they are finally investing a little more time and effort into the finishing. I have a couple of them I bought years ago in the "hogs ear" days, ugly as sin but Ican't get rid of something that shoots so well. The new rifles they are putting out are very nice for the money and I would expect as accurate out of the box as any out there.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Marlin 336
Old 08-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I got a new Remington 700 ADL .243 last year, with a two gun hard case that retails at $48, for $249. I thought that was a pretty sweet deal. Haven't seen anything close tothat price since though...

By the time I added scope and mounts, it came to about $400, so your deal on that Savage looks pretty darned good.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: orr2003

I just purchased a Savage Model 10 in .243 w/ accutrigger and simmons 3x9 scope, blacksyn NIB for $300. A local shop here is selling them in different calibers for $350 but I was able to get him down to $300 on this one. In my opinion for the money this is the best rifle I have ever bought. Remember I said for the money. I purchased some cheap factory Federal Power Shock ammo 80 grain soft point. Took it to the range to see how it shot. I am amazed at the accuracy.

Here is a very thorough review I found on the gun and the only one I have found.

http://www.castbullet.com/shooting/sav10.htm

Just wondering what you thinkthe Best New Rifle for the least amount of money is?
Wow, that's is alot cheaper than the WalMart Savage 10g "Combo" in .243 for $463.27
Old 08-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: orr2003

I just purchased a Savage Model 10 in .243 w/ accutrigger and simmons 3x9 scope, blacksyn NIB for $300. A local shop here is selling them in different calibers for $350 but I was able to get him down to $300 on this one. In my opinion for the money this is the best rifle I have ever bought. Remember I said for the money. I purchased some cheap factory Federal Power Shock ammo 80 grain soft point. Took it to the range to see how it shot. I am amazed at the accuracy.

Here is a very thorough review I found on the gun and the only one I have found.

http://www.castbullet.com/shooting/sav10.htm

Just wondering what you thinkthe Best New Rifle for the least amount of money is?
Wow, that's is alot cheaper than the WalMart Savage 10g "Combo" in .243 for $463.27

I picked up this combo for $349 at WM. I had a problem with the Simmons scope. I sent it back to Simmons and they replaced it with a new Prohunter. The prohunter is a much better scope than what came with the package. The gun is great
Old 08-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DannyD

I picked up this combo for $349 at WM. I had a problem with the Simmons scope. I sent it back to Simmons and they replaced it with a new Prohunter. The prohunter is a much better scope than what came with the package. The gun is great
[/quote]

Wow, that WM had a good sale!

Savage Package Series 10G 243

$463.27

Old 08-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Reb,
Now mine is not the 10g whick i think is a wood stock.Mine is the model 10 in black synthetic as was Orr2003.
That may be the difference in price but i'm not sure

Quick Reply: Best new rifle for the least amount of money? You opinions welcome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.