Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which 223 to buy?

Old 06-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which 223 to buy?

Nope no shooting iron came home with me out of sodak, but a bunch of fishin crap for my tourny did. I'm gonna give ol scott a call tomorrow an see what he'll do for prices on a few different pieces. I got 1000 rds of 223 ammo ready to do some killing
Old 06-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which 223 to buy?

300-350 is all I expect out of it. I won't be shooting coyotes much past 200 yards with it, when I go calling I usually don't shoot them that often, I let my buddies clean 'em up. Just need a gun that'll be capable of shooting 300-350 on p-dogs, jacks, etc. My custom Rem 700 would shoot 400 pretty easily as long as the wind wasn't blowing too excessively. This gun I want to be able to carry all day long and not have it be a burden. I went an checked my ammo supply today, I have around 250 40gr BTs loaded up, and around 800 Speer TNTs (52gr), I also want it to be able to stabalize the lighter varmint rounds. I had a 1:12 twist in the 700, and it shot everything very well. Everything is kinda pointing towards the Browning....