Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Would You Guys Trust This Idea/Dealer???

Old 06-08-2006, 02:30 AM

Default Would You Guys Trust This Idea/Dealer???

http://www.ozarkguns.com/htm/mission_statement.htm

thanks for your feedback.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:32 AM

Default RE: Would You Guys Trust This Idea/Dealer???

I don't understand, why would you not trust them and what is wrong with their offer.

I always try to support the local dealers but sometimes buying through the mail can save big $$. Saving 10% off of a 300 dollar gun is only 30 bucks, if it's a 3000 dollar gun then it's $300.00 savings, I'd go for it plus you save the sales tax in most cases. As far a "kicking tires", I was in the computerbusiness for 25 years and while you try to help everyone who contacts you, everyday there were people looking for free technical advice...you don't stay in business doing things for free. Sounds to me like they are being up front and telling it like it is..

Doug
Old 06-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Banned

Sure...why not?
Old 06-08-2006, 01:18 PM

you're right, it seems like a great idea. just wanted some outside opinions before i consider sending someone hundreds of dollars in the mail i never met. it is an awesome idea and opportunity, i'm gonna save a ton! i will call and check his business license numbers or whatnot with the bbb first, but i'm surprised more people don't utilize vendors like this. anyone heard of one in california?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you live out of his state he ships to your local FFL dealer who usually charges you $25 for paperwork. Add another $25 for shipping and insurance and walla.....maybe you should have just bought it locally.

I do like the idea of not paying sales tax however....it's an excellent move for that reason. For larger buys such as a $1,500 gun the sales tax savings can be significant.....bear in mind that the sales tax alone is usually far more than the retailer makes on the sale.....now there's a croc!!!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I priced an Armaliteat my local dealer today, and according to this website, the $20 my dealer charges and the $25 shipping is not drop in the bucket to the nearly $600 savings from their price discount and the lack of taxes. I am calling these guys tomorrow to see about ordering a gun. No brainer!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Check out knesekguns.com for your AR. If looking for an AR-50 tell them you saw their add on gunsamerica.com for the price of $2540 and you will get it for that. Shipping is included too. Might check out gunsamerica just to see if they have what you are looking for on there.