Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger Mark II trigger

Old 06-06-2006, 10:00 PM

Default Ruger Mark II trigger

Any suggestions about which aftermarket triggeris best without breaking thebank?
Thanks
Old 06-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ruger Mark II trigger

I put a Timney on my last one. Just keep in mind, though, thatit requires some modification with a file or Dremel tool to make it fit and have the safety to work properly. That's just the way it was designed. It's not a major ordeal, took me all of about 15 or 20 minutes, but if you feel uncomfortable making this adjustment to it you may want to consider a different brand.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would get a Timney also...
Old 06-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sum replacement triggers only replace the actual trigger others like the Timney replace the sear also. I have used the Timney a few times and it 's a very good trigger when complete. Be very careful when filing the factory safety and do a little at a time and then check out the trigger. I wasn't so careful the first trigger I did and made the safety an unsafety and had to return the rifle to Ruger to replace the safety.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to hijack or anything but I recently bought my wife a Ruger. The trigger was pretty bad. I paid $35 and the resident gunsmith fixed it rather nicely. It now pulls about 3.5 lbs. That's alot cheaper than $80-100 for an after market replacement. Withthat said, the Timney's are good... no doubt. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

oeh, I don't recall touching the safety at all (with a file or Dremel) on the one I just did (which turned out perfectly BTW),but instead ground away part of the new trigger so that the safety could be engaged in the "on" position with just a bare minimum of clearance between it and the trigger. Without grinding (or filing) away part of the trigger you would not be able toengage the safety. Timney designed it this way so that you could custom fit the trigger to your particular rifle. I may check it again tonight to make sure, but I'mprettysure I didn't alter thefactorysafety at all.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

I had a local g-smith work on the trigger on my Ruger too. Man it was sweet after that! Saved me some money, too. Jim
Old 06-07-2006, 06:33 PM

Timmey, pretty expensive but a good trigger, Rifle Basix makes on also never had one on a ruger but have one on a Marlin 22mag it works good also,

DONT file or grind your safety , do the work to the new timney trigger it has paint on it where your supposed to do the work. If you feel CONFIDENT with a file or dremmel this works great but you only have one shot at it and I cant stress enouph that you need to be compentent to do this!!
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/Morgan5_2006/triggerforweb.gif

Old 06-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had my trigger worked over and it made sweet rig. $35.00 and no replacement !!!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:22 PM

Good suggestions all. Thanks. I think I'll have a smith work it first and see how that turns out.

Quick Reply: Ruger Mark II trigger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.