Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Strange target request....

Old 05-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Strange target request....

Does anyone know where I can get a paper target of a deers head? One like is used to pattern shotguns on turkeys would be ideal. If anyone might have an idea where I could get some I would be very grateful.
Thanks!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Strange target request....

Don't know for sure, but try this site:

http://www.targetz.com/index.htm
Old 05-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ya must be a buck shot hunter?? with buck shot thats the best place to aim.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

nope I use a .308 and a .300
Old 05-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only guys that I know taking head shots do their deerhunting with spotlights and 22 magnums and are always looking over their shoulders for a game warden.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess you could download that buck deer target then blow up the head portion to suit your requirements......

I just make my own deer targets with a big sheet of cardboard, a Magic Marker and a boxcutter. I draw the deer close to life-size, then cut it out...... Just an outline, of course, no fur or feathers!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

The only guys that I know taking head shots do their deerhunting with spotlights and 22 magnums and are always looking over their shoulders for a game warden.
Reteverman, I have a friend that can't see well enough to track and he shoots for the head and neck and is good at it.

Martinfaw
Old 05-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

sorry cant say ive seen a such thing...hope you find one....surely theres gota be one somewhere lol....that is a strange request....

retrieverman im going to have to disagree also.....

i didnt have a body shot....she turned around to check her backtrail coming out of our drive..when she looked away the crosshairs landed between her ears on the back of her head....she went down for the count.....some years i get picky and pass shots i could easily made etc...last year i decided to take the first available meat there was for me.....turned out to be the first drive of the season...the hole you see below the eye is the exit hole...and yep...thats the tag in her ear...tag em and bag em!....man she was good eatin! and that wont be the last of my headshots......
Old 05-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

I am the authority in this state, and I havea good reason for taking head shots so don't worry about it.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:38 AM

This is the best I could come up with:

http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/product.asp?manufacturer=DELTA&model=TRU%2DLIF E+ANIMAL+TARGETS

I guess if you wanted you could cut the rest of the body away leaving you with just the head.

OBTW, You seem a little confrontational in some of your replies. I remember you from previous posts and You always seem to come across as arrogant. Maybe its unintentional but it comes across. Just food for thought.

Quick Reply: Strange target request....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.