Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Strange target request....

Old 06-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Strange target request....

ORIGINAL: Planter

Anyone have a target of a deers ass as it runs away tail up? They go down real fast if you send one up the old exaust pipe. Some folks are really good shots and some folks dream.
I don't know why people even post things like this. All your doing is demonstrating that you know very little about the subject. The best deer cullers in the world use headshots almost exclusively. This isn't about dreaming this is about taking your commitment to accuracy a little further than Joe Hunter in order to achieve an important resource objective.

I guess it's too much to expect this "community" to understand something as complex as that.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

I don't think this is anything to get anybodies panties in a twist over. He asked a simple question, end of story. I would have gotten a little snippity as well if someone implied I was poaching without knowing the facts. And, it isn't anyones business why he is wanting to practice for headshots. Last time I checked, that's not illegal. Might be a morality issue, but that is up to each individual to decide.JMHO
Well said
Old 06-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just messin. I am sure head shots are the ideal thing for out of season, non-spooked after dusk deer culling. Thank you for the community service. Rock On and have some fun.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:11 PM

I was just messin. I am sure head shots are the ideal thing for out of season, non-spooked after dusk deer culling. Thank you for the community service. Rock On and have some fun.
A stellar post by a new keyboard commando.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

You really have no clue what I'm talking about do you? I'm suprised at how naive some people are regarding crop depredation.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Banned

Brutal..sounds like fun..where do I show up...here is a sample resume shot out of my .300 wsm yesterday..3 shots at a hundred ydsthat a dime will cover.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

If you want something a little quieter I have a 22.250 group for you to view also. We can donate the deer to a food pantry.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

You really have no clue what I'm talking about do you? I'm suprised at how naive some people are regarding crop depredation.

Hey sweet cheeks,
You really love keeping this whole mundane subject going dont you.

Gosh, I thought you had ALL this deer killing to do. I dont know how you have the time to carry all this on and on. You must love to fight and argue. Too bad it has to be here.

I'm quite sure that this post will bring on all sorts of negative response.

Anyway, have a nice day.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

O.K. I tried to stay away, but I can't.

I take head shots. I'm confident in my abilities and know my limitations. I'm a meat hunter, so body shots don't apeal to me. Also, I've never had to follow a blood trail on a head shot. I don't take head shots exclusively, and I don't take questionable head shots. But I use them when I know I can.

I'm not sorry if this upsets some of you. I appreciate all of your reasons for not taking head shots and I don't disagree. I just prefer to do it when I can. That simple.

In Brutal's case, if you are shooting the deer just to kill them, what difference does it make? As long as the deer are not left to die slowly in the case of a poorly placed shot. Which, by the way, can happen just as easy, if not easier, with a body shot.

Now to answer Brutal's question. The best head target I've seen was home made. Now I make them too. All you have to do is search the internet for a good head picture of a deer. Copy it and print it out. Cheapest targets you'll ever find. 8.5 X 11 paper is theperfect size for head targets. The computer will automatically leave somewhat of a margin on the paper, leaving a life sized picture of a head. The beauty of this is that you can make several different ones, with several different veiwpoints.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: elgallo114

O.K. I tried to stay away, but I can't.

I take head shots. I'm confident in my abilities and know my limitations. I'm a meat hunter, so body shots don't apeal to me. Also, I've never had to follow a blood trail on a head shot. I don't take head shots exclusively, and I don't take questionable head shots. But I use them when I know I can.

I'm not sorry if this upsets some of you. I appreciate all of your reasons for not taking head shots and I don't disagree. I just prefer to do it when I can. That simple.

In Brutal's case, if you are shooting the deer just to kill them, what difference does it make? As long as the deer are not left to die slowly in the case of a poorly placed shot. Which, by the way, can happen just as easy, if not easier, with a body shot.

Now to answer Brutal's question. The best head target I've seen was home made. Now I make them too. All you have to do is search the internet for a good head picture of a deer. Copy it and print it out. Cheapest targets you'll ever find. 8.5 X 11 paper is theperfect size for head targets. The computer will automatically leave somewhat of a margin on the paper, leaving a life sized picture of a head. The beauty of this is that you can make several different ones, with several different veiwpoints.

Thanks that was really helpful.

Quick Reply: Strange target request....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.